Home Main Category Clubhouse

Keyless entry??

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 7,833 Senior Member
Does anybody have a keyless entry that is smart phone connected, not whole house, that they like and would recommend!!??

Zorba need not respond!! B)

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,683 Senior Member

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,833 Senior Member
    That's keyless!! B)
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Keys to Zorba's house.

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Man, I wish I had a house that old! That would be very cool!
    We almost bought a "gold rush Victorian" in California years back - it was really neat, but it needed *everything*.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Just think of the wardrobe possibilities with an old Victorian house!! 

Image result for victorian era Nice bustle!!
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,969 Senior Member
    And the house.
    :o
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,969 Senior Member
    Universal key.
    :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,936 Senior Member
    My daughters new house has a Schlage bluetooth/touchpad deadbolt on the front door. Last time we visited, we beat her to the house. Called her and she let us in. Later gave us the touch pad code. Seems pretty strong
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 567 Senior Member
    We had a Schlage on our old house loved it. Specifically ask for one on the new house. It’s a base type model. The guy that built our house is old school I don’t think he quite got what we wanted. So someday I’ll buy the one like the old one and put this one on a different door. 
    Big Al1 said:
    Just think of the wardrobe possibilities with an old Victorian house!! 

Image result for victorian era Nice bustle!!

Spk said:
    And the house.
    :o
    Be still my heart!
    There are a number of beautiful Victorians in the town near where I grew up, always loved them. Like their floorplans too, not much on the modern "open concept" idea (as  you might expect).
    The ultimate that I've seen is the Winchester house in San Jose, Ca. Now *THAT* is a house! Old lady Winchester was bat scat crazy, of course, but I still like her house - dead end stairwells and all!

Thanks, the Schlage was the one I am interested in!

And I got Zorbas attention!! :)
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    edited July 2019 #13
    We used to live in a large 3600 sq. ft.Victorian house...we loved the look...BUT...maintaining that thing was a never ending nightmare...and a huge hole to throw money into...moved out of that sucker into a 900 square foot cabin and never looked back...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    edited July 2019 #14
    I have the Schlage keyless locks on my house and the Man House. Mine are deadbolts with a keypad to punch in the code-- no wifi or anything. It has saved me a lot of hassle with the kids losing keys or having to rekey everything when I want to limit access. My office is at the Man House along with tools and equipment, so the crew just needs to punch in a code to get in. If I want to lock someone out temporarily, I still have keyed entry locks that I can engage and only me and the wife have those keys.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,838 Senior Member
    I have the Schlage keyless locks on my house and the Man House. Mine are deadbolts with a keypad to punch in the code-- no wifi or anything. It has saved me a lot of hassle with the kids losing keys or having to rekey everything when I want to limit access. My office is at the Man House along with tools and equipment, so the crew just needs to punch in a code to get in. If I want to lock someone out temporarily, I still have keyed entry locks that I can engage and only me and the wife have those keys.
    That’s what I have on mine.  Works like a champ.  Been working on my smart house design but until everything aligns not making any significant expenditures yet.  I want everything connected.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

GunNut said:
    That’s what I have on mine.  Works like a champ.  Been working on my smart house design but until everything aligns not making any significant expenditures yet.  I want everything connected.
    Will it connect to your flip phone!! B)
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,838 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    GunNut said:
    Will it connect to your flip phone!! B)
    What’s a flip phone 😳
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,742 Senior Member
    I use a KwikSet keypad set and have overall been impressed. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski