Home Main Category General Firearms

Just picked up this one. Uberti Cattleman 7.5” .45 Colt

2»

Replies

  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,823 Senior Member
    How about one of these....

  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,254 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    I am not a fan of lever action pistol caliber carbines at all...I want a rifle...my Uberti 1873 in ..45 Colt fills the bill nicely...I like the long sight plane...plus Uberti makes a damned handsome rifle..

    Love that gun!!!  But, I have enough lever action rifles (missing only a 45-70) and about to add another one...  I really love the little trapper ‘73 Uberti.  Fast pointing little **** and 16” of barrel should get all I need out of the .45 Colt I think.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,254 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    Ubertti makes a beautiful 1873.  They can be slicked up and short stroked to run really fast.  Mine is smooth, was done by a noted cowboy gunsmith but I handled someones that he did that had thousands more rounds and it was like butter.  The more you shoot it the slicker it gets.  If you can run a 97 without dropping shells they are faster than a double.  Takes some practice.
    I used to be pretty slick with mine but I’m rusty now so I need to buy a few flats, oil the snot out of it and run it til she cries.  I’ve shot some slicked ‘73s and they are just amazing!!!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,254 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    How about one of these....

    They are pretty darn cool.  Don’t know that it would work for SASS though.  Usually stages requires 10 shots on the clock (or they used to when I was active) and a reload would kill the time.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,823 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    sakodude said:
    How about one of these....

    They are pretty darn cool.  Don’t know that it would work for SASS though.  Usually stages requires 10 shots on the clock (or they used to when I was active) and a reload would kill the time.
    Oh I'm well aware of that. Just posted it for fun.

    Sako
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,254 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    GunNut said:
    sakodude said:
    How about one of these....

    They are pretty darn cool.  Don’t know that it would work for SASS though.  Usually stages requires 10 shots on the clock (or they used to when I was active) and a reload would kill the time.
    Oh I'm well aware of that. Just posted it for fun.

    Sako
    Ok, I didn’t know.  Anyway, I love that gun. 😍
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Still 10 rifle, 5 each pistol and 2-4 usually shotgun.  Seen 6 before.  The good ones do it in under 10 seconds
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,254 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    Still 10 rifle, 5 each pistol and 2-4 usually shotgun.  Seen 6 before.  The good ones do it in under 10 seconds
    Uffff.  I have some shooting to do... 😬
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,535 Senior Member


    Here's the Uberti 7.5" I'm babysitting.  I should kill something with it.  My buddy hunted and harvested a couple deer in the Florida panhandle with it.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,254 Senior Member
    JasonMPD said:


    Here's the Uberti 7.5" I'm babysitting.  I should kill something with it.  My buddy hunted and harvested a couple deer in the Florida panhandle with it.
    Nice!  And yes you should! 😁
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    edited August 2019 #42
    If I have the money when I retire, I would l love to get a smallish camper and drive to a different range each weekend and shoot matches.  Cowboy and steel Challange mainly.  Maybe a uspsa now and then if my legs hold up.   There are plenty of matches within a few hours of me each weekend.  I just hate leaving out at 6 AM shooting all day and driving home.  Wears you out in the summer especially.  Going to Chattanooga Sunday, 2+ hours each way plus time zone change.  But its a unique match That's lots of fun.  Tallagega, tn and Mississippi in Sept and back to TN twice In Oct.  Spring and fall is the best time to shoot in the south so that's when the big matches are.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,254 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    If I have the money when I retire, I would l love to get a smallish camper and drive to a different range each weekend and shoot matches.  Cowboy and steel Challange mainly.  Maybe a uspsa now and then if my legs hold up.   There are plenty of matches within a few hours of me each weekend.  I just hate leaving out at 6 AM shooting all day and driving home.  Wears you out in the summer especially.  Going to Chattanooga Sunday, 2+ hours each way plus time zone change.  But its a unique match That's lots of fun.  Tallagega, tn and Mississippi in Sept and back to TN twice In Oct.  Spring and fall is the best time to shoot in the south so that's when the big matches are.
    I know a few folks that are doing just that with different shooting sports.  I have a few friends that have a small camper and go from one big Trap shoot to the other.  There are some ranges that even provide an RV section, one in Arizona you can actually rent RV hookups and stay as long as you want.  Not a bad way to spend your time if so inclined and you get to meet some damn fine folks in your travels.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement