Home Main Category General Firearms

Gallant bullets

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,484 Senior Member
Won a gift cert. From this company.  Never heard of them but had to call them to activate it.  Very nice people, shipped them fast and they appear to be high quality hi tek coated bullets.  Prices are good and shipping is free with 1000 or more purchased.  Veteran owned.  Give them a look.
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,392 Senior Member
    Here they are:

Yet another entry into the hi-tek coated bullets - my Luger loved the "Bayou Bullets" I shot through it a few times:

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,004 Senior Member
    Ordered some 405 grain 45-70 slugs from them on Monday.  Just came in today

Thought I had more empty cases, but I looked, and I don’t.  Guess I need to order a bunch!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,120 Senior Member
    The coating looks interesting.  I wonder it's an epoxy base with metallic additive or just made to look that way.  Either way, they look well made.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    No idea. I just picked bronze cuz it looked neat

Just loaded up a test run with 12 grains of trailboss. 

I’ll see how these run before loading up a bunch more

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    I got black ones.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    Took my test rounds to the range, but the 100 yard lanes were down since too many people ran green tips and steel core ammo and damaged the armor backstop.  

So I ran them at the 25 yard handgun lanes.  They hit pretty close to the same spot as the hunting rounds, and grouped in one hole... which is not that hard to do with a rifle at 25 yards.

Meh.  I’ll load up my brass and play with them some more.  Hope I can run them out to 100 soon.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Great thing on working from home...  I’m loading the rounds while on a conference call.

The Chargemaster beeps to let me know the next load is ready.  One of my co-workers says “What was that?”

Forgot to mute my headset.  Whoops.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov