Home Main Category Clubhouse

Stranger Things 3

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,054 Senior Member
Wife and I binge watched Stranger Things 3 this weekend.  It was pretty good though not as good as 1 & 2 but worth the watch.  I think it has the best cast of kids put together for a series.  Great chemistry between them.  Looking forward to ST 4 next summer.
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,915 Senior Member
    We just watched the first couple episodes last night. I have to agree with Jeff, pretty good start.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    Yep, watched first episode last night, we are going to drag it out for awhile and not binge it.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I finished it yesterday. Very entertaining and WAY darker than E1&2. When you guys are done watching, I need to vent about a gi-normous plot hole. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,036 Senior Member
    Thanks for the nudge. Several of my wifes friends have recommended it to her.
    It's gonna be hot and dry this weekend. I sense a binge watch in our immediate future.

Mike

"Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    edited August 2019 #6
    Watched the last episode of season three tonight, not sure I like that ending. We'll see how episode 1 of season four starts.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Ok, how did the Russians build such a complex structure in a small town without the townies noticing? 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

edited August 2019 #8
    CaliFFL said:
    Ok, how did the Russians build such a complex structure in a small town without the townies noticing? 
    I would assume building something as big as a mall, a new idea in that town at the time, they were moving some material day and night under the guise of building the mall, the complex was pretty sparse and utilitarian, steel and concrete. They drew up the rough outline of the complex on a few sheets of tablet paper.
    edited August 2019 #9
    What are you LOL'ing, they are RUSSIANS, they can throw up a crappy concrete and steel building in nothing flat. Pretty sure the building inspectors and OSHA was not on site during the build :) . You want a plot-hole? How can you empty the magazine in a Krinkov in said buildings long hallway and NOT wake up even the most vodka infused guard?  
    Deep breaths...I think you're upset about Hopper. 

Adam J. McCleod

Yes I am. :s 

The show is one big plot hole of stereotypical characters, but I like it. I love how everybody smokes wherever they want :D
    It's a more entertaining version of The Goonies

My daughter asked me if people used to smoke everywhere like that. I said yes, exactly like that, but the 80's were the beginning of the end. 

Adam J. McCleod

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    It's a more entertaining version of The Goonies

My daughter asked me if people used to smoke everywhere like that. I said yes, exactly like that, but the 80's were the beginning of the end. 
    Yeah, when mush heads started buying into the second hand smoke BS.  Before the bans I'd go out around women who knew me, and they'd ask me to light up my pipe if I wasn't puffing on it when I walked in...
    No good deed goes unpunished...