Home Main Category Clubhouse

Pop up video?

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 7,825 Senior Member
Who else hates that pop up in the corner!!??

Pop up video? 30 votes

Yes
90%
PFDknitepoetwddodgeHappySquidDiver43JKPSix-GunsakodudeMake_My_Daybhl2506orchidmanalphasigmookieJayhawkerBarrydjoeg52rberglofGene LJeff in TXSpkRugerFan 27 votes
No
10%
LinefinderNNGila 3 votes

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,090 Senior Member
    Yes
    Hence my thread about it, and how to kill it

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    Yes
    There are many other ways to include video content on a webpage that doesn't cover the content. That pop up is just annoying and displays a lack of layout creativity. That same video could be embedded into the page directly and without sound it could be displayed as a .gif file -- you would accomplish the same thing using less data and less annoying with no covered content and folks would be more likely to view your message.
    🤔
    As it is right now, I just have it blocked and have no idea what it's about. Not doing the advertiser much good.
    Rethink the layout. 👍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Yes
    Color me as a hater😡
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 380 Member
    Yes
    Color me as a hater😡
    Ditto, it trashes the forum even more, wonderful on a limited data budget
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    Yes
    Doesn't cover anything for me - and at least its silent - but annoying nontheless. Blocked.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    Yes
    zorba said:
    Doesn't cover anything for me - and at least its silent - but annoying nontheless. Blocked.
    I'm often here on my phone so screen space is sometimes an issue. Whenever it's convenient, I use my laptop.

It's a conspiracy to remove the much less tolerant "old members" from the forum. Apparently, the young folk don't mind the clutter. They like the concept of drinking from a fire hose.
    :D

I thought popups died in the 90's but I guess some folks still use them.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    It is their site and they can do as they wish, but yea... they could have done it in a manner that is less annoying.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    Yeah, it does not change the cost of me using the forum. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,733 Senior Member
    Yes
    I finally figured out how to block them with AdBlock Ultimate.  Thank god. Whoever came up with that idea belongs to the same group as whoever came up with "Coke" to replace Coca Cola back in the 80s.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,030 Senior Member
    No
    I hit the wrong damned button.  :s
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Yes
    Annoying as hell!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    Yes
    test test - if this works, I don't have to do that...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    Yes
    If they had put it on the left side I may not have blocked it, but the right side did not work for me.