Home Main Category Clubhouse

Today’s youth, getting scarier every day!

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,040 Senior Member
A few weeks back we were having a big crowd out for the weekend. There’s a young couple who watch our critters when we travel. The young gal told my wife anytime you need help I’m available. 

The guest house needed cleaning so my wife said come on out and help me clean the little house. My wife said you give the bathroom a thorough cleaning and I’m gonna hose off the front and back porch. About ten min later the young gal said I’m done. My wife was a bit shocked and went in to take a look. She smelled something very lemony when she walked into the bathroom. She said what did you clean with. She proudly said I cleaned everything including the floor with lemon pledge. 

My my wife was stunned. She spent the next hour showing this twenty something gal how to clean. Each room was an adventure with her

i was having dinner with a buddy at the local diner on Thur night. I told him the story and he crack up laughing. This morning he sent me a picture. I almost fell out laughing!  Some of today’s  youth scares me!

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,968 Senior Member
    Why am I not surprised?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,903 Senior Member
    They know their way around cyberspace but real life can be perplexing to them.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,372 Senior Member
    sorry to say you wont be the first and unfortunately you wont be the last to see/experience things like that.

and whats worse is that it will probably take 1,2 or 3 generations to have them all die off.  
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,859 Senior Member
    It ain't just them. Three weeks ago I had a ~40 year old ask me if I knew where his tire jack might be located.

Mike

"Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Eh, I had to adjust the shower mixing valve in our newly built office because we couldn't get any hot water in the shower. The plumber's solution was to dial 1 of the 2 water heater elements to 150 (and leave the other at 125).

That all got a trickle of lukewarm water in the shower, but you could easily scald yourself on any sink. Two clicks more hot water in the shower and we could dial the water heater down.

The kicker is when the plumber came to "fix" things, they told us instead of dialing the heater down we could have used a mixing valve on the water heater to add in more cold water and cool down the hot water that way.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    As a bachelor with a three bedroom 2 1/2 bath house. I think she's on to something and had a major stroke of ingenuity.🍋
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,859 Senior Member
    edited August 2019 #10
    I think we need to eat all our young and  call it good.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Eh, I had to adjust the shower mixing valve in our newly built office because we couldn't get any hot water in the shower. 

Wait...your office has a shower?!?

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    Eh, I had to adjust the shower mixing valve in our newly built office because we couldn't get any hot water in the shower. 

Needed for some situations.  PM inbound.
    Overkill is underrated.
    CaliFFL said:

Lots of fun at that office! 😁
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

I once met a "Journeyman" electrician that didn't know what Ohm's Law was. He kept getting shocked and couldn't figure out why.
    I asked him, "What's Ohm's Law tell you?", He says to me "What? What's that?" I alerted the other guy working with him and he came over and took charge, completed the job and they both left.
    That was no Journeyman!
    Lots of stupid floating around out there. Not just the young ones.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,500 Senior Member
    Now *THAT* is scary!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,040 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    I once met a "Journeyman" electrician that didn't know what Ohm's Law was. He kept getting shocked and couldn't figure out why.
    I asked him, "What's Ohm's Law tell you?", He says to me "What? What's that?" I alerted the other guy working with him and he came over and took charge, completed the job and they both left.
    That was no Journeyman!
    Lots of stupid floating around out there. Not just the young ones.
    Current equals voltage/resistance!  He’d probably say, I’m not sure what that means, I just know if I touch the wires it’s ouey an it shocks me. 😅
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    I'm just glad the Real electrician took over. He was outside looking over the AC unit (apartment complex back in the 80's).
    The knucklehead that was inside was playing with the thermostat. He had a meter but didn't use it. I can't begin to imagine why he was even there but he "Claimed" to be a 13 year Journeyman.
    After that afternoon, I didn't believe it.
    :D

I=E/R, E=IR, R=E/I, P=EI, etc.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    zorba said:

No good deed goes unpunished...
    That outfit would melt me into a puddle in about 2 minutes - esp. with the high collar shirt and necktie. A jacket and shorts doesn't make much sense either...

zorba said:

This was first semester stuff at our local community college industrial technology program.
    I firmly believe that guy was lying. Journeyman my eye. Maybe, that's what he hoped to be in 13 years!

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,756 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    That outfit would melt me into a puddle in about 2 minutes - esp. with the high collar shirt and necktie. A jacket and shorts doesn't make much sense either...
    Don't let Zorba kid you.  He wore a collard shirt and slacks to sat goodbye to BigChief. He wears normal cloths too
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Yea, but no jacket and esp. no necktie!

Did you actually conform? I don't believe it. Noooooo! Say it isn't so Zorb.
    :o

Diver43 said:
    zorba said:
    Don't let Zorba kid you.  He wore a collard shirt and slacks to sat goodbye to BigChief. He wears normal cloths too
    Was the shirt green???  :D
    Spk said:
    Gila said:

Conform? Never. Just being respectful as people there don't know me. I wore plenty of jewelry though. I think the shirt may actually have been green, although the reference escapes me.

• sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    It ain't just them. Three weeks ago I had a ~40 year old ask me if I knew where his tire jack might be located.

Mike

My theory is that the least read publications are the vehicle owner manual tied with the state driver manual,
    zorba said:
    Spk said:
    Gila said:

Conform? Never. Just being respectful as people there don't know me. I wore plenty of jewelry though. I think the shirt may actually have been green, although the reference escapes me.
    Reread Diver's post, then think collard greens...  ;)
    Got it, thanx. Terrible puns...

zorba said:
    Conform? Never. Just being respectful as people there don't know me. I wore plenty of jewelry though.
    As long as you we're blinged up, my faith is restored.

edited August 2019 #31
    Always. I always have my earrings in, and 4 necklaces when I'm out among the Muggles.
    I only own 1 pair of full length pants/slacks, and was wearing them that day. Now dance pants? I have quite a few, my favorites being my "Cake Towers"!