Home Main Category Clubhouse

Turn you fool, he's headed right for us!

13»

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    That's just the center line of the cone. The actual track (of the eye) is most likely to be anywhere in the cone. Then you have to figure wind field width and whatnot.

Most people don't seem to understand that, or haven't bothered to learn. Which is why they say NOAA messed up the forecast when the eye's movements stayed well within the cone, but diverged from the track line. Or they forget the storm is pretty wide, and just because they eye missed them, they still get wind and rain. 

As George Box said  "All models are wrong. Some are useful."
    Overkill is underrated.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,931 Senior Member
    One thing no one has mentioned that is one of the most important is MONEY, and I mean cash in hand, Iv'e seen to many times when there's no power but you can still buy stuff with cash.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    edited September 2019 #64

WAAAAAAALK!  WALK FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

I wonder what techniques or devices the meteorologists use to sustain their disastergasm for so long. . .

Although I suppose this is actually just their idea of foreplay.

Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry" would seem to apply to the weather folks as well. . .  :D
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 361 Member
    From the EU Meteo institute it looks like its gonna make landfall between Ft Lauderdale and Boca Raton,  stay safe guys

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,420 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:

WAAAAAAALK!  WALK FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

I wonder what techniques or devices the meteorologists use to sustain their disastergasm for so long. . .

Although I suppose this is actually just their idea of foreplay.

Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry" would seem to apply to the weather folks as well. . .  :D
    How exactly does one have one of these, asking for a friend......
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Bigslug said:

Not sure exactly, but you can tell you're having one when you flail about for hours yelling "DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!"
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,420 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Bigslug said:

Not sure exactly, but you can tell you're having one when you flail about for hours yelling "DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!"
    Meh, sounds like about as much work as a regular O
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11