Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Robert Francis: “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your Ak-47”

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 11,463 Senior Member
So, one of the democrat candidates came right out and said that they want to send armed government agents to go and confiscate guns from the law abiding citizens. 

But what is not not widely reported is that he said he would take any gun that was “made for war”, which conceivably could be construed to be all guns, even back to a matchlock muzzle loader. 

at least it’s out in the open now. Now the rest of the clown-car passengers either have to agree with the El Paso Irishman, or separate themselves from the lunatic fringe that seems to be driving the democrat bus (to mix metaphors)
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,451 Senior Member
    I really want to know how much of the electorate supports this. I think that guy will soon be out of the running and was already headed that way. But Im watching to see what kind of traction the rhetoric gets.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    As someone mentioned in another thread, it’s refreshing to see these people declare their intentions openly. Now we know. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,829 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    As someone mentioned in another thread, it’s refreshing to see these people declare their intentions openly. Now we know. 
    They've been lying through their teeth for years about gun control, i.e. "we don't want to take anyone's guns away." Beatoff O'Dork should explain why he and the other demonrats sound exactly like Hitler or Chairman Mao.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,564 Senior Member

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

Perhaps the most disturbing part of what he said was the audience's reaction.  They cheered and applauded like he was promising free money.

Of course, you have to consider the make up of the audience.

I think he may be one of the very few people in the country who don't know that his chances of getting the nomination died long ago.  But, as a good and true democrat, he will continue to spend other folks' money as long as he can.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    There's no way Im crediting the audience reaction as public opinion.

I also think the phrase 90% of Americans is a baseless lie. The continuing campaign tones and final election results will confirm or refute.

The redundant carnival of hot button pantomime has become intolerable.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,317 Senior Member

Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,303 Senior Member

I also think the phrase 90% of Americans is a baseless lie. The continuing campaign tones and final election results will confirm or refute.

There are a lot of people who don't have their own opinions who will form one based on what "everybody else" is supposedly saying. The human animal's drive for conformity is something that never ceases to amaze me.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,463 Senior Member

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    They've been lying through their teeth for years about gun control, i.e. "we don't want to take anyone's guns away." Beatoff O'Dork should explain why he and the other demonrats sound exactly like Hitler or Chairman Mao.

You forgot Stalin. Beto is obviously deranged. It seems history is no longer taught in our schools. What happened to Of the People by the People for the People? The purpose of the Second Amendment is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies Foreign and Domestic.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/fact-check-could-a-president-beto-orourke-confiscate-assault-weapons/ar-AAHidgT?li=BBnb7Kz

Yes, Francis (guy on left wearing a dress) is coming to take your AR...

🤣

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

The poster child for "white privilege." Mommy and Daddy kept this clown-hole out of jail at least 3 times.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,819 Senior Member

Palmetto state armory has come out with a lower for him :D 

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

-Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    BREAKING NEWS! Beto's security guards to turn in full auto firearms and all sidearms for NERF guns and Super Soakers! :D:D:D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,135 Senior Member
    Apparently, he thinks he can fine us for owning AR's until we turn them in. I am not sure about the rest of you, but if it came to that, I certainly wouldn't (cough) have any AR's to get fined for (cough:douchebag:cough).

What a moron.

Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member

From Jerm's link: 

O'Rourke has maintained he believes gun owners would follow the law and turn in the banned weapons because he said gun owners have come up to him on the campaign trail to say they would. He has also defended the proposal as constitutional.

"This is something that we’re able to do through the Commerce Clause and this is something that is not prevented from — wouldn’t prevent the United States from doing by the Second Amendment. So this is constitutionally sound," O'Rourke told NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday.

1. What is stopping those gun owners from turning in their AR's right now? Is it lack of a law in place, or is Beto simply lying through his teeth? 
    2. What is it about the Commerce Clause that "allows" politicians to skirt the entirety of the Constitution? 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

edited September 2019 #19
    Apparently, he thinks he can fine us for owning AR's until we turn them in. I am not sure about the rest of you, but if it came to that, I certainly wouldn't (cough) have any AR's to get fined for (cough:douchebag:cough).

What a moron.

Canada tried that and some estimates show as little as 30% actual registration/compliance  in the country, and THAT was just registration.  Can you imagine confiscation (or as Francis spells it B, U, Y, B, A ,C, K, S) and fines?  The original cost of the Canadian system after costs-revenue generated was only supposed to be about $2M.  It ballooned as all government programs do to over $11 BILLION in costs and only about $110M in revenue for a system that just about all experts agree (and about 80% of cops on the street in Canada) has had no effect on crime.  Suicide by guns are down but the total number remains the same since hangings went up.

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:

From Jerm's link: 

O'Rourke has maintained he believes gun owners would follow the law and turn in the banned weapons because he said gun owners have come up to him on the campaign trail to say they would. He has also defended the proposal as constitutional.

"This is something that we’re able to do through the Commerce Clause and this is something that is not prevented from — wouldn’t prevent the United States from doing by the Second Amendment. So this is constitutionally sound," O'Rourke told NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday.

1. What is stopping those gun owners from turning in their AR's right now? Is it lack of a law in place, or is Beto simply lying through his teeth? 
    2. What is it about the Commerce Clause that "allows" politicians to skirt the entirety of the Constitution? 

The term "full of feces" comes to mind...

Absolutely NOTHING is keeping current EBR owners from turning theirs in, if they choose to.  Literally nobody is telling him "I'm an EBR owner who will gleefully turn in my rifle if you make it law."

Not even one. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    GunNut said:

What a moron.

Canada tried that and some estimates show as little as 30% actual registration/compliance  in the country, and THAT was just registration.  Can you imagine confiscation (or as Francis spells it B, U, Y, B, A ,C, K, S) and fines?  The original cost of the Canadian system after costs-revenue generated was only supposed to be about $2M.  It ballooned as all government programs do to over $11 BILLION in costs and only about $110M in revenue for a system that just about all experts agree (and about 80% of cops on the street in Canada) has had no effect on crime.  Suicide by guns are down but the total number remains the same since hangings went up.

Basically all research on gun control is biased because most social scientists seem to not understand anything about functional units. Almost every study I've seen focuses on gun deaths, which is irrelevant. We don't/shouldn't care about the tool used, but about lowering murder and suicide rates. Of course if they used appropriate metrics they would have to face the fact that the remedies they propose have virtually no effect. 
    ...and frequently the remedies case the death count to rise.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Any of those rifles I allegedly might or might not own will be lost if that were to come to pass.  Lost as in "y'all can't find what ain't here'  lost. Takes a real brain cell deficient fool to fail to understand that "shall not be infringed" is legal lawyers speak for "Keep your Richard Skinner's away from this; it's  off limits" .
    ― Douglas Adams
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,564 Senior Member

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,394 Senior Member
    Beto's dying campaign

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

He's probably thinking he'll get a bump once the 0% that was supporting Bill De Blasio comes over to his camp...  :D

-Mikhail Kalashnikov
    He's here in Colorado today. The local news is looking for people that care. In the meantime. File footage of his previous pantomime fits the mandatory sound bite.
    I still find it hilarious that a former burglar is wanting to take away the firearms of 'we the people'. Wonder if it has anything to do with workplace safety when he LOSES THE ELECTION and has to go work for a living. Anyway, a pasty white Irish guy trying to pass himself off as Hispanic does have some appeal as comic relief to the other raving lunatics on the Democratic clown car explosion on stage at the debates.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,394 Senior Member
    :D

His threats have no teeth.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

edited September 2019 #31
    I don't usually wish horrible things on people I don't know, but in his case I'll make an exception. I'd like to see his sorry ass driving his car through the worst neighborhood of Chicago and break down in his car. I'd like to see his expression of terror as the Jackals approach, and he wishes he wasn't driving through a gun-free zone without his AR!
    >:)
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT: