How many 'different' guns do you carry?

2»

Replies

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    Just my 1911 for now, but I plan on an additional carry piece soon.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    jbohio wrote: »
    Ohio law doesn't require that.

It used to require that it was "in a holster on your person that is in plain sight" while in a car.

They changed the law to, "The transportation in motor vehicles of loaded, concealed handguns by licensed permit holders is permitted. "

It doesn't say anything about how you carry your gun, as long as it's concealed.
    When did they change that law? I specifically remember the CCW instructor telling the class that it had to be holstered.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,508 Senior Member
    When did they change that law? I specifically remember the CCW instructor telling the class that it had to be holstered.

Last August, in the same bill that lifted the ban on carrying in places that serve alcohol.

I just read the ORC, and my CCW manual (that's 7 years old), it didn't say anything about a holster, other than when you're in a vehicle.

You gotta remember, there is some poetic license and opinion involved in teaching. Even if you remember every word your teacher said, you should still read the book.

It might have just been your instructors opinion that you should always carry in a holster.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    Last year sometime.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,689 Senior Member
    Mostly my SR9c and sometimes my SP101 but always my LCP.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • CaptainRoadBlockCaptainRoadBlock Member Posts: 49 Member
    Ruger LCR .357 mag in Fobus paddle holster if wearing heavy coat. Taurus 1911 in shoulder holster w/ heavy coat. Ruger LCR in pocket on warm days or 9mm derringer in pocket.
    So Officer, why did you shoot my client 8 times? Uh, the magazine ran dry.
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 781 Senior Member
    Varies with the weather, which is always weird here. Sometimes an old Model 36, sometimes an XD, and sometimes a 1911. Today I had my Colt OACP on all day and it just felt right.
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 617 Senior Member
    No more than two or three at a time.
  • scarfacescarface Member Posts: 263 Member
    I go between two CCW's, a Glock 19 and a HK P2000SK.
  • fashion masterfashion master Banned Posts: 7 New Member
    What is it about people today? Why are they so deathly afraid of taking responsibility for their own defense? All the arguments I've seen so far on this issue are completely ludicrous. First of all, if someone wants to bring a gun to campus and shoot you, they are going to shoot you. There's not a damn thing you can do about it, and no "LAW" is going to save you. Second, if someone did decide they were going to shoot you, who the hell do you think is going to jump in front of that bullet for you? Do you understand that no one is going to save your sorry ***, including the police? The only option you have is to protect yourself. Period! And if he has a gun, and you don't, then I guess your screwed aren't you? Let me say this one more time so it sinks in; NO ONE IS GOING TO SAVE YOU, ONLY YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF. That's how it is, get over it. For proof that armed citizens save lives read this article about a woman and part time security guard who was attending church when a maniac burst in and started blowing people away. She had a concealed weapons permit and was carrying that day. She shot the guy and stopped him cold before he slaughtered everyone in the room. I GUESS ITS A GOOD THING SOMEBODY HAD A GUN, ISN'T IT!
    What is it about people today? Why are they so deathly afraid of taking responsibility for their own defense? All the arguments I've seen so far on this issue are completely ludicrous. First of all, if someone wants to bring a gun to campus and shoot you, they are going to shoot you. There's not a damn thing you can do about it, and no "LAW" is going to save you. Second, if someone did decide they were going to shoot you, who the hell do you think is going to jump in front of that bullet for you? Do you understand that no one is going to save your sorry ***, including the police? The only option you have is to protect yourself. Period! And if he has a gun, and you don't, then I guess your screwed aren't you? Let me say this one more time so it sinks in; NO ONE IS GOING TO SAVE YOU, ONLY YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF. That's how it is, get over it. For proof that armed citizens save lives read this article about a woman and part time security guard who was attending church when a maniac burst in and started blowing people away. She had a concealed weapons permit and was carrying that day. She shot the guy and stopped him cold before he slaughtered everyone in the room. I GUESS ITS A GOOD THING SOMEBODY HAD A GUN, ISN'T IT!
    This is either an automated computer program that is just spouting random BS, or a person that has no idea that they are on a forum with people that are FOR the second ammendment.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    This is either an automated computer program that is just spouting random BS, or a person that has no idea that they are on a forum with people that are FOR the second ammendment.

Wait, this forum is PRO 2a? Whoa, it all makes more sense now!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Wait, this forum is PRO 2a? Whoa, it all makes more sense now!
    :rotflmao: :guns:
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 781 Senior Member

You do know you're ranting while on the Guns and Ammo forum, right? I think everybody here is for guns.

BTW, the incident you refer to happened near my house and the "part time security guard" you mentioned is named Jeanne Assam and she worked for the security office at the church. She didn't just happen to be there - the church was on alert because of a shooting at a church in Arvada (Denver area) and Jeanne and two other armed guards were ready for trouble if it came. The same guy who did the shootings in Arvada showed up and shot five people in the parking lot; two died. When he came into the church, he ran right into Jeanne and she shot him several times, putting him out of action. He then killed himself, according to all the reports at the time.

Jeanne is an ex-cop but she was a private citizen with a CCW working for the church and protecting her congregation at the time. You need to get your facts straight if you're going to talk about it. Jeanne is a hero around here.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    Is that why the poster has 5 posts, only 3 of which I can find?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    That would be the case...I think he's the same guy Wambli busted a few weeks back in another guise...I deleted his more rambling nonsense...
    He's gone...until he comes back...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Darn, that one wasn't even smart enough to play with for a while. Oh well, back to the original thread. Mostly I carry my 1911 in a Crossbreed supertuck IWB. Sometimes I carry my p-64 in a pocket holster. When conditions allow, (coat), I go with the 1911 OWB for comfort.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    Combat Commander in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB for me.

It is simply the gun I shoot best and am most comfortable with, probably due to the 25K+ rounds through it. BTW kudos to the guys a Crossbreed. The Supertuck is so comfortable I don't even notice the Commander and frequently wear it for 12-14 hrs straight. Not to mention their customer service is great...

Agreed. The Crossbreed makes carrying an XD45 Compact easy work. They replaced my Supertuck with the improved model after the old one broke after many years of service and abuse. I'm wearing the new one on a Crossbreed belt right now. The Crossbreed belt is still fairly new but seems as least as well made as the Don Hume it replaced. It may be a bit stiffer but it's hard to compare a new belt with one at the end of it's days.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    During the colder weather I have been carrying my Colt Lt. Wt. Ofc. model in my Milt Sparks IWB Executive Companion holster. When the weather is warmer I often carry my Colt Pocket Pistol .380 acp in a Bianchi IWB holster. If I decided to carry a revolver I choose one of those in my avatar.

Weather dictates my clothing and the ease of concealment and where I am going as to the caliber, etc.
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,161 Senior Member
    H&K USP-C 40S&W since 2004

Considering getting a J-frame S&W (442 or 642) or Ruger LCR for easier concealment, but when push comes to shove I am more confident with the H&K.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,729 Senior Member
    Yesterday, I carried an S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman .357Magnum with a 4" Barrel. Wanted to go old school.

I change way too frequently.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,161 Senior Member
    Just 1. I really wish Ohio didn't require our CCW be in a holster if it is on our person. Id much rather just throw it in my pocket.

Required by law or not, a holster s always a good idea.

Even a pocket pistol needs a holster to keep the trigger covered until you need it.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • wolf049wolf049 Member Posts: 217 Member
    FNP 40 in a Galco OWB holster or my S&W 637 carried in a DeSanta pocket holster, depends on what I'm wearing that day.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    I always carry 2. One is my Kel-tec p32 the other is either SA 1911A1, Kel-ted pf9 or Charter Arms .38
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • softwarejanitorsoftwarejanitor Member Posts: 241 Member
    I carry different based on what I'm wearing... My general carry is also a Kel-Tec P3AT, but sometimes I can only carry my NAA .22 Mag mini-revolver... When I can carry a briefcase or wear a jacket, I often opt for a full size semi-auto, either a 1911 or a Glock 22 (conversion barreled from .40 S&W to .357 Sig). But occasionally I do like to change it up and go with Bulgarian Makarov or something else in a fanny pack.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,751 Senior Member
    I have one carry gun my glock 23. I have several at the guns I shoot and others I carry in the mountains, but when I carry it's always the same gun in the same position, period. I've trained that way and it is muscle memory. Thats the key, muscle memory.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.