Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Shepard Smith has left Fox

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 8,227 Senior Member

and it's all Trump's fault.  At least according to liar-in-chief Brian Stelter at CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/media/fox-news-shepard-smith/index.html

Maybe Chris Wallace will follow suit.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,464 Senior Member
    I guess you didn't get the message.

Everything is Trump's fault. ;)

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,292 Senior Member
    Meh, the news is the news, I thought Smith was a perfectly good anchor FWIW, CNN's opinions on anything don't much impress me, Fox either though, nice to have a different spin to weigh in both cases. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 888 Senior Member
    edited October 2019 #4
    I don’t see this as a good thing.  A news organization with nothing but arse lickers is just as bad and biased as an organization with nothing but haters.  
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    He'll be at at Cnn or MSNBC before long.  Total RINO
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,981 Senior Member
    I guess you didn't get the message.

Everything is Trump's fault. ;)

Mike

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,529 Senior Member
    Meh....his tendency to opine definitively on incidents in progress, before anyone knew anything about what was going on caused me to hit the mute button on him long ago..
    He was a master of trying people in the media...

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,166 Senior Member
    edited October 2019 #8

Maybe Chris Wallace will follow suit.

Why Wallace? He seems like a straight shooter to me.

Granted, I don't watch any TV news (I prefer to read it instead) but from what I have seen, the guy seems to be an honest reporter.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,166 Senior Member
    I won't name names, but I have a friend and mentor that is a political writer. Some of the crap he is forced to write (if he wants to keep making a living as a writer) is amazing.

To say that stuff happens on the left is very accurate. To think that it doesn't happen on the right is pure ignorance. To find journalists that don't serve their masters is a rare find. I don't know much about Shep Smith, but Wallace is one of the rare few honest ones.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    If he goes to CNN he can duke it out with Anderson Cooper for the on top spot
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 888 Senior Member
    Accipiter said:
    I don’t see this as a good thing.  A news organization with nothing but arse lickers is just as bad and biased as an organization with nothing but haters.  
    Faux "News" hasn't been anything but a propaganda wing for the Republican party for a long time. Not surprising that the one last legitimate news man there would eventually have enough. Especially after Trump had the Attorney General meet with Rupert Murdoch and Trump ripping the network on twitter. We may never know what happened behind the scenes, but timing is quite the coincidence. 
    I do not disagree with this assessment.  I am sure you know Fox is just the flip side of the coin, and simply a logical result based on the actions of the other major news agencies.  Maybe if the news were the news, instead of commentary, Fox would never have arisen.  MSNBC, CNN, etc, forced a response.  Nature abhors a vacuum.

I just want the news, whether it enforces or challenges my views, I just want the truth.  Too many people are out for confirmation of their views, rather than simple facts.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

Shep was anything but a honest reporter.  He put as much a leftist spin on things as a lot of those at CNN.  As I recall, it wasn't too long ago that we had a fairly lengthy thread about Shep.  For the most part, he was disliked.

Like Joe Friday used to say, "Just the facts, ma'am".  It's been a long time since anyone with a national audience has done that.  You can even go back to Walter Cronkite and see his biases revealed in his newscast.  For years, I thought that the Tet offensive was a total failure for the US due to his reporting.  Imagine my surprise when an someone who was there told me otherwise.  I think his exact words were "We kicked Charles' butt."

As for Wallace, I used to like him.  But in the last year, he's come out of the closet and revealed himself to be a true liberal democrat, and spins everything left.

Jerry

• rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,166 Senior Member
    To me it's just something to stir up the rating and take up space on their website. I don't watch tv news just read it online.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God 9 not by works, lest any man should boast.
    Ephesians 2:8-9
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,540 Senior Member
    Why are reporters making news?

Was this guy a reporter, analyst or commentator?  
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Why are reporters making news?

Was this guy a reporter, analyst or commentator?  
    He was supposed to be a news anchor, but he struck me as more of an opinion guy than anything else.
    Jerry

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,841 Senior Member
    Faux "News" hasn't been anything but a propaganda wing for the Republican party for a long time. Not surprising that the one last legitimate news man there would eventually have enough. Especially after Trump had the Attorney General meet with Rupert Murdoch and Trump ripping the network on twitter. We may never know what happened behind the scenes, but timing is quite the coincidence. 
    FAUX News....that's funny. I saw stinking libs calling FOX that since I first joined FB in 2008, WAAYYYYY before Trump. Now tell me how MSLSD and Commie News Network and the other alphabet stations aren't arms of the demorat party. I guess you have to have it LEFT all day, all night 24/7/365!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    edited October 2019 #17
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Sh**bird Smith is as biased as they come. News should be reported without bias and if it is, the show should be on at night and made plain that the show is commentary, not straight news. He is a staunch Trump hater and makes it more than obvious....screw him and the scummy demonrat he rode in on.

JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT: