Home Main Category Clubhouse

ESPN College Game Day, the game, and traffic

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,278 Senior Member
I am sitting at the house, 4 miles (per google maps) in a straight line from their location, right now.
The game is at 2:30 local time, so I expect it to be over around 6:00.

I have to be at work at 6:45 and the hospital is literally ON part of the University of Alabama campus and, again, per google maps, the door I have to walk in is 2 miles from the center of Bryant-Denny Stadium. (Working at a Psych hospital, not a lot of entrances or exits to use under normal circumstances) 

I suspect traffic is going to be BRUTAL going to work this evening :rage:

For the record... I LOVE Alabama Football, but I HATE home game weekends.

The population of Tuscaloosa doubles on a regular home game weekend. With the implications of this game, ESPN Game Day and SEC Nation broadcasting from here AND Trump's visit, finding out it's tripled this weekend wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,844 Senior Member
    Qkj =
    Walk or ride a bike.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,278 Senior Member
    Haven't paid attention, but Tua is back right?
    They haven't officially said
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

zorba said:
    Qkj =
    Walk or ride a bike.
    Ummmm NO!

I want whatever steel is in my truck around me for protection from these drunks and fools.

If I had an APC, I would probably drive IT to work tonight

FYI, the game ran longer than I expected, there were something like 6 minutes left in the game when I left the house. Traffic was non-existent. Though they had "arrow trucks" in the driveway ready to start diverting traffic. 
    I heard NUMEROUS sirens as I was walking in

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,898 Senior Member
    Brookings hosted GameDay a couple weeks ago. Pretty cool, but I steered clear.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
    Don't blame you