Home Main Category Hunting

“Dead Man” with the 03 Springfield

2»

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 26,509 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Amazing how Dead Man kept about his everyday business with a hole through his neck. Talk about not letting things bother you in life.
    The coyote?  Just think of the fawn or fawns you may have saved. A buck that may grow up to be a trophy or doe that will produce a trophy for your rancher friend.
    Yeah, I’m baffled it didn’t jack him up more. 

Literally threaded a needle with that round. Missing everything that could kill him. Through the one spot it wouldn’t. 

Deer had balls. 

The yotes wiped out most of the dawns last year. So, we were pretty hot on them this year. Gotta stay on’em. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,576 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Big Al1 said:
    Wait WHAT!! You did that with a 101 year old rifle with open sights and down loaded to .270 performance levels!! 
    And still better. 😎
    You're gonna burn for that.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Great OutdoorsGreat Outdoors Member Posts: 326 Member
    This is one of my reasons for coming back year after year, great stories and great guns. Years back it was Linefinder wiping out PD colonies and Orchidman on the hunt- now it's Ernie killing game further with a handgun than I can see and Super Zee in action with awesome autopsies. Great hunt, story and sportsmanship.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,621 Senior Member
    draft
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,735 Senior Member
    RZee said:

Very nicely done!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,749 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    draft
    Not anymore. All volunteer.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    This is one of my reasons for coming back year after year, great stories and great guns. Years back it was Linefinder wiping out PD colonies and Orchidman on the hunt- now it's Ernie killing game further with a handgun than I can see and Super Zee in action with awesome autopsies. Great hunt, story and sportsmanship.
    Thanks. It’s what keeps me here as well.  Sharing experiences with each other. Learning together. 
    Zee said:
    Big Al1 said:
    Wait WHAT!! You did that with a 101 year old rifle with open sights and down loaded to .270 performance levels!! 
    And still better. 😎
    You're gonna burn for that.

Mike
    Worth it. 😁