Home Main Category Clubhouse

New Zeland

HAWKENHAWKEN Senior MemberPosts: 1,720 Senior Member
 Has anyone heard from Alec?  I am concerned because of the volcano erupting on NZ  Hope he and his are ok...……....…...robin
I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    I'm sure Alex is ok...the volcano is on White Island about 70 miles out to sea
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,111 Senior Member
    Thanks for asking Robin. Its on the other side of the island from me and about 250km away.
    When I get more time I will post up about it as there are some disturbing facets about what happened.......At the moment I am working on the charter boat 4-6 days a week and dont get much time to post up.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    And quite some distance from where Alec is.
    A bad situation though.
    The police here  are saying tonight[ NZ Time] that they will go in tomorrow to try and recover the bodies of the eight that are missing.
    It will not be a walk in the park.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Alec glad to hear all y'all are out of harm's way. Volcanoes are not your friend when active. I don't understand that fascination with stuff that can kill you without warning. Some things should be watched from a great distance.
    And what ojr said about recovery of bodies is right; that will be tough on the recovery team, in more ways than one.
    Any new funny fishing stories to share happen lately?
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,155 Senior Member
    orchidman said:
    Thanks for asking Robin. Its on the other side of the island from me and about 250km away.

which is like 45 gallons to the hectare for those of us in the US.

Glad y’all are ok, and prayers out to those affected.  
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    orchidman said:

which is like 45 gallons to the hectare for those of us in the US.

Glad y’all are ok, and prayers out to those affected.  

Huh? LOL!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    Alec, glad to hear that you are ok.  At my age, I can't afford to lose any more friends, even if the have an accent, LOL
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO