Home Main Category General Firearms

CUSTOM LAMINATED STOCKS

gofishingupgofishingup Posts: 8 New Member
Has anyone had any dealings with anyone that custom makes grey laminated stocks? I'm in the beginning stages of looking to get a custom rifle made. I want it in the .300 PRC. I want a single shot rifle. I want the stock to be like on my Thompson Contender with the semi pistol grip. I'm probably looking at the break open action like the Blaser. The Hagn action is very nice but I don't see any way the falling block could be accommodated to fit a semi pistol grip stock like the Thomson Contender. I'm assuming the Thompson Contender stock could not be modified to fit a break open receiver like on a Blaser and that I would have to have the stock custom made.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I basically want a custom single shot rifle made in the Blaser K 95 configuration to fit a stock configuration like the semi pistol grip on the Thompson Contender. I know it won't be cheap. I still haven't ruled out a Hagn but I think I would have to give up the semi pistol grip stock and go with the traditional stock. Naturally, with a Hagn I wouldn't be looking at laminate. Thanks for any info anyone can share.

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,513 Senior Member
    Try this place. http://kilimanjarorifles.com/about-us.html

Don't know if they do single shots, but I built several rifles on similar laminated blanks, and love them.

The guy that developed the laminating technique was from Kalispel, Montana. He's the one I got the blanks from but he has since passed and the company has changed hands several times.
    The beauty of a traditional stock, and strength of a laminate.

• gofishingupgofishingup Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to get in touch with him tomorrow. I like traditional wood but the laminate is much more durable in the weather and I just don't like the composite stocks. I know composites are probably the best choice, but I just don't like them. I've has a composite on my original Benelli SBE which is over 20 years old and you can't beat it for the marsh and duck blind, but it/s just very impersonal in the hand.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,615 Senior Member
    My LGS gunsmith can do anything with a stock.  PM me if you need more info.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.