Home Main Category Clubhouse

The site wouldn't work.

earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
I couldn't get a complete download of this site on my phone. Seems ok now. If I go missing, thats why.

Either that or I got lost.

Or stuck in traffic.

Or Im taking a nap.

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,966 Senior Member
    I bet you were thinking, "Not another server crash!"
    :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I thought my phone crashed. Then I thought I needed an upgraded phone. Then I got distracted for a few days. Now Im cautiously optimistic.
    This is what happened earlier tonight.

I have no idea what's going on?????
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,921 Senior Member
    Happened to a lot of us...it (whatever it was) appears to have been corrected
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Interesting.
    I thought it was some known internet tech type thing that I was foolishly ignorant of. Im feel better now.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,915 Senior Member
    I got that also.  Effected another forum also 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    Its a temporary cloudflare problem - nothing on your end. I got it also, briefly.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,966 Senior Member
    Most likely on their end -- No problems here.
    Error 525 SSL handshake failed
    https://community.cloudflare.com/t/error-525-ssl-handshake-failed-problem/80688
    It just means the two network systems (your device and their server) couldn't agree on a common protocol at the moment you tried establishing a connection. Since it worked fine before and assuming you haven't fiddled with any settings, the error is server side. It could've been a temporary maintenance issue (software update) or power disruption at the San Jose site (emphasis on temporary). It seems to have resolved itself. I never saw it or noticed it until you posted that screenshot.
    All seems good now. Learn more about Cloudflare here:
    When you have this many servers working together, hickups happen. 😁

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    I'm actually thinking of utilizing cloudflare for my dance website. I'm tired of the SPAMbots in my contact form.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."