Home Main Category General Firearms

+2 extensions

BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 421 Member
edited January 2020 in General Firearms #1
Got a couple of HYVE mag extensions for my 9mm and .45 shields.  They seem very well made and look good.  Have not shot with them yet but cycled a mag each and they functioned fine.  You have to watch the spring orientation or the follower hangs up.  If they function at the range, may get some more.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    HYVE generally makes good stuff.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    I had never heard of this make and was going to ask if they required a different spring to function properly.  A little clicking around on their site seems to have answered my question. 

Their +3 Glock 43 version *does* require, and come with, a replacement spring while the +2 Shield version (presumably) works fine with the S&W factory spring.  Do I have that right?
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 421 Member
    Yes the shield ones use factory spring.  If you have every loaded a .45 shield, you know they are very strong springs, I hate loading it w/o the Lula.  
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 421 Member
    Shot the 9mm today.  Only put 20 rounds through it, had one failure to feed.  I think it was a reload that was a little long.  It was way to cold out to experiment more after being out in the cold damp wind for almost 4 hours.  Further testing is required.