Home Main Category Clubhouse

Christine or Stevie?

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 7,952 Senior Member
You either know who I'm referring to or you don't.  If you don't, don't bother asking.

There's no doubt that Stevie is one of the all time female great rock singers.  She's the only female to be inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame as both a member of a band and as a solo artist.  Some consider her the greatest female rock singer of all time.

But, for my money, I'll take Christine any day.  Her voice is simply amazing, with the tone quality and clarity that few posses.

Who do you prefer?
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Stevie without a doubt. Both are great singers, both are excellent song writers. While Christine is by far a better musician, Stevie has had a decades long solo career that has been very successful-- that shows that she has staying power.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,811 Senior Member
    Stevie, because my wife loves her!  But Christine is no slouch.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Lindsey 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    Stevie
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    Stevie...helluva singer...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,827 Senior Member
    I always had a thing for Christy!!
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,295 Senior Member
    Hard to choose. Probably Stevie

Btw, I love watching Mick's facial expressions while he's playing the drums. 
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,960 Senior Member
    Stevie
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,096 Senior Member
    I preferred Stevie as far back as her and Lindsey's album before they joined Mick and Christine
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,167 Senior Member
    The Rock Hall is a joke..... Look at this year's ballot......

They picked the NBIG and Houston over Preist and Motorhead into the ROCK HOF
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,047 Senior Member
    The Doobie Brothers aren't already there? Blasphemy!

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    Stevie.  Lots of great performances in team ups with the Heartbreakers in years past.  Glad to see Mike Campbell's still got a place to kick ass on guitar:  

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=fleetwood+mac+with+mike+campbell+video#id=3&vid=e808de11cb73859c3859e83dfe029077&action=view  :'(
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,969 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    The Rock Hall is a joke..... Look at this year's ballot......

They picked the NBIG and Houston over Preist and Motorhead into the ROCK HOF
    I guess Rock ain't what it used to be. I figured Judas Priest would've already been inducted. I still have their Shout at the Devil 😈 album (on cassette tape) in a drawer somewhere.
    Whitney Houton? I never really thought about her music as Rock. Pop maybe but Rock?
    So no Tiffany, Debbie Gibson or Go-Go's? Shocking!! 😁
    Strange days.
    Anyway, Stevie all the way. 👍
    Lindsey for giving us Holiday Road 🤣🤣🤣 (songs that incorporate barking dogs -- winner!)

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,856 Senior Member
    The Doobie Brothers aren't already there? Blasphemy!

Mike
    I think they're in this year, thank God!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,856 Senior Member
    Certainly more mystique with Stevie, but who can complain about Christine?

Saw them in Denver in 14 and couldnt believe how they could still rock in their upper 60's!  
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,054 Senior Member
    Stevie,

I remember reading an article about when Christine wanted to come back.  I got the impression Stevie wasn't super keen on it.  Stevie told her your 71 and out of shape.  You want to join us you better get back in shape so you endure a three hour show night after night.  I guess there's some truth to that.  She came back and the bands been amazing.  Just wish I could afford the price of a ticket. 
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21