Home Main Category General Firearms

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    I looked at that hard this afternoon, looking forward to a range report.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member

I'm curious to see what you think of it.  Nice price. 

But considering I can order LaRue MBT triggers for $80 all day, $75 if I order 3 of them and they're made in Texas, the PSA trigger would have to be really good to get me to try one.

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,728 Senior Member
    edited February 12 #4
    Jay said:

But considering I can order LaRue MBT triggers for $80 all day, $75 if I order 3 of them and they're made in Texas, the PSA trigger would have to be really good to get me to try one.

Well now you tell me. LaRue is tool steel.. :neutral:

If I don't like the PSA, I will find a "problem" with it and return it. Then go buy the Larue.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    Michakav said:
    Jay said:

Well now you tell me. LaRue is tool steel.. :neutral:

If I don't like the PSA, I will find a "problem" with it and return it. Then go buy the Larue.
    That is good to know.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    None of my ARs have higher end triggers in them. They're either Rock River NM 2 stage, or LaRue. I definitely like the LaRue triggers over the RR NM. Excellent value for the money and good for general purpose use where spending big money on stuff like Giessele and the like isn't necessary.

I'll put a link up here for the LaRue in case anyone else cares to take a look, don't have to go searching for them.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

CHIRO1989 said:

That is good to know.
     Site says S7. Wish I had known before ordering the PSA. Might try to cancel.
    Too late to cancel. Oh well. Will just have to build another AR and buy the LaRue. B)
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    How does the Larue compare to the Geissele?  I have several Geissele, but they are made from platinum and gold with a diamond based binder.  I don’t have that kind of money anymore, and would be interested in cheaper options.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
    edited February 14 #11

IMHO, the Geissele is a great trigger, but not worth that kind of money to me. For a general purpose gun, LaRue is an excellent trigger and an excellent price. Worth more than $80, IMO. For that price, it's kinda hard not to try one.  While maybe not quite a Geissele, it's close enough considering the cost difference, for a 2 stage trigger. For a target or precision type gun where money is being spent on higher end barrels, optics and such, I'd step up in trigger. But, I have a LaRue in my LR308 and don't feel like I need something better in it at this point..

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    Sorry just saw your response Jay.  Thanks for your thoughts.  I agree with you, for 80 why not try.  I will be trying a LaRue next.  I will be building one for my youngest daughter’s use in the very near future.  It will get the LaRue.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.