Home Main Category Clubhouse

So let's have an open discussion about the state of the Forum

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    If they won't show up for pancakes we got our work cut out for us.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    If they won't show up for pancakes we got our work cut out for us.
     :D   Thanks for reminding me!  My wife didn’t keep her promise this morning!
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Did someone say something about people needing to come back and visit from time to time?
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Did someone say something about people needing to come back and visit from time to time?
    Heeeeyyyyyy!  Where have you been?!?!?
    GunNut said:
    Not sure, do I know you? Your mustache looks familiar....
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    edited March 2020 #97
    tennmike said:
    GunNut said:
    So you've probably watched a crapload of TV lately.  Anything good you'd recommend?  

I'm ready for ANY other topic other than politics, viruses and politics about viruses...

I've also been reading, actually rereading, some books. Patric F. McManus is on my Kindle; have most of his books on it. I can relate to most every character in his books, as their twins were in my neighborhood. 

The story about Rancid Crabtree acting as the 'Human Fuel Pump' had me busting up till my sides hurt! I fondly remember sitting atop the engine of my dad's old GMC and pouring gas down the carb after his fuel pump went out. I don't think I have ever EVER read anything as funny as McManus's early stuff.

edit to add: The First Knife was a classic as well.
    GunNut said:
    Not sure, do I know you? Your mustache looks familiar....
    You do...
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,715 Senior Member
    Glad to see you back!!!! Have a seat and stay a while
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,263 Senior Member
    Hey stranger
    Is this a honk the horn and wave as you drive down the highway of life or do you have time for a rest stop?
    Hope you have been well
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Hey stranger
    Is this a honk the horn and wave as you drive down the highway of life or do you have time for a rest stop?
    Hope you have been well
    Circling the block every chance I have a free minute at a minimum. 
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,263 Senior Member
    Glad to see you around.  Seen any new Gladiator movies lately?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,162 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    GunNut said:
    So you've probably watched a crapload of TV lately.  Anything good you'd recommend?  

I'm ready for ANY other topic other than politics, viruses and politics about viruses...

I've also been reading, actually rereading, some books. Patric F. McManus is on my Kindle; have most of his books on it. I can relate to most every character in his books, as their twins were in my neighborhood. 

The story about Rancid Crabtree acting as the 'Human Fuel Pump' had me busting up till my sides hurt! I fondly remember sitting atop the engine of my dad's old GMC and pouring gas down the carb after his fuel pump went out. I don't think I have ever EVER read anything as funny as McManus's early stuff.

Pat was a great author and always good for a chuckle...I have about everything he wrote in my library... My favorite story is about him bringing home a deer on his bicycle...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker said:
    tennmike said:
    GunNut said:

Pat was a great author and always good for a chuckle...I have about everything he wrote in my library... My favorite story is about him bringing home a deer on his bicycle...
    For many years I owned all his books.  Then my wife decided to "donate" my entire hard cover books library to the local library when we sold the ranch and Pat's books went with everything else.  Of course they are now out of print but they are fairly popular on eBay.  He is one of my favorite writers ever.
    Diver43 said:
    Glad to see you around.  Seen any new Gladiator movies lately?
    No, but I spent a night in a Turkish Prison. 
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    edited March 2020 #106
    Jayhawker said:

His story about putting up the IFUT (Inside Frame Umbrella Tent) will always be a classic to those unfortunate enough to have faced that struggle. Nearly passed out laughing reading that one, because only someone that had put one of those cursed things could relate to the struggle! :D
    The Grasshopper Trap is also one that will keep you in stitches.

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 783 Senior Member
    So, I have been gone for around six years or so.  I see some have left and some are still here,  I hope to see more familiar faces in the future.  Jerm is still here, Zorba, tenmike, and a bunch of others.  Zee is still doing his thing, who was someone else long ago.Working on a new career and a new relationship has taken up time, but i have never forgotten this place. Much love to us all and i look forward to seeing all of our members and getting to know the new ones when they show up.  Is wambli and cpj still around? 
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    TSchub said:
     Is wambli and cpj still around? 

Hey Wam...I mean GunNut!  You want to answer that one or shall I?
    TSchub said:
     Is wambli and cpj still around? 

Hey Wam...I mean GunNut!  You want to answer that one or shall I?
    Don't know what you're talking about pale face...  B)
  • drsfefa1drsfefa1 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm still here, started in 2004. I just don't have much to say anymore. And I've lost most of my desire to argue.
    drsfefa1 said:
    I'm still here, started in 2004. I just don't have much to say anymore. And I've lost most of my desire to argue.
    Good to have you back!  So talk about dinner then!  No need to argue.

I’m so glad I put this thread up!  So many members I thought were gone for good coming back to say hi!!!  Most fun I’ve had here in a long time!  Very happy to hear from you guys.

So how do we keep you here?  Let’s hear some fresh ideas!
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,746 Senior Member
    drsfefa1 said:
    Arguing is how curmudgeons say "Hi how are you, I'ma disagreein' just to break the ice and have sumthin' to talk about." 🤣
    Welcome back. Just stay out of the argument forum and you'll be fine. Post pics of your latest acquired hardware and the stories behind them.
    Given the state of things, we have plenty of time to listen.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,375 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    drsfefa1 said:
    Arguing is how curmudgeons say "Hi how are you, I'ma disagreein' just to break the ice and have sumthin' to talk about." 🤣
    Welcome back. Just stay out of the argument forum and you'll be fine. Post pics of your latest acquired hardware and the stories behind them.
    Given the state of things, we have plenty of time to listen.
    The "argument forum", ha, that made me laugh.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,766 Senior Member
    drsfefa1 said:
    Glad to see you back. I've missed 'ya.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,162 Senior Member
    We could do with a lot less arguing anyway...and things appear to be going that way...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 512 Senior Member
    I've almost forgotten about 'Pat Mac', as one of my buddies calls him.....until I, like almost everyone else, was forced inside a bit more lately and started to rummage through some old stuff. Pretty sure some of his stuff is also available on Kindle, too?

Definitely one of the positives of being cooped up a little bit...on the downside, after rummaging through closets I hadn't examined in a while I asked my wife what the corded thing is, with the long hose at one end. She now knows, that I know......how to use a vacuum cleaner.

BIG mistake.
    JMO.....The last time we attempted doing away with the arguing forum, folks crawled out of the woodwork clamoring "censorship", and "I'm outta here".

I'm of the opinion that if arguing politics on a gun-forum is what keeps you here.....just go away. I'll even help you out. I'm very tired of policing BS.

Mike
    N454casull
    bklysen said:
    I've almost forgotten about 'Pat Mac', as one of my buddies calls him.....until I, like almost everyone else, was forced inside a bit more lately and started to rummage through some old stuff. Pretty sure some of his stuff is also available on Kindle, too?

Definitely one of the positives of being cooped up a little bit...on the downside, after rummaging through closets I hadn't examined in a while I asked my wife what the corded thing is, with the long hose at one end. She now knows, that I know......how to use a vacuum cleaner.

BIG mistake.
    Bob....you need to be around here more. You are sorely missed.

Mike
    N454casull