Home Main Category Clubhouse

New/Old Member

DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
Hello everyone. I was a member here long ago but moving, job changes, traveling etc., I let my membership expire. Figured I would sign back up again and join the madness during these crazy times. 

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,317 Senior Member
    Welcome and glad to have you back.  Did you go by DrawbarFlats back then too?
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,451 Senior Member
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Welcome and glad to have you back.  Did you go by DrawbarFlats back then too?
    Yes, at least I think I did. Think it was around 1999-2000ish.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,153 Senior Member
    Welcome back!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    JerryBobCo - at your request: I'm currently watching a gladiator shower scene. 
    Zee said:
    Welcome back!
    Thanks. Were you here back then? I can't remember. Top of my head I remember Dan Johnson of course, sorry to hear that he passed. Other folks I remember were ScooterTramp; Buford; CPJ; Knitepoet; a young kid who flew helicopters - can't remember his name; Weslitive? < that guy was a crackup!  He was always in trouble with Dan Johnson and always one step from getting banned. Then there was FlytierGirl; the young couple where the wife was always posting some pretty funny stuff, think they were from Georgia but not entirely sure. There were many others of course but the names escape me.   
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,206 Senior Member
    Welcome back hey.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,303 Senior Member
    I'm relatively new here, and to shooting in general - but welcome back anyway!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Welcome back!
    Thanks. Were you here back then? I can't remember. Top of my head I remember Dan Johnson of course, sorry to hear that he passed. Other folks I remember were ScooterTramp; Buford; CPJ; Knitepoet; a young kid who flew helicopters - can't remember his name; Weslitive? < that guy was a crackup!  He was always in trouble with Dan Johnson and always one step from getting banned. Then there was FlytierGirl; the young couple where the wife was always posting some pretty funny stuff, think they were from Georgia but not entirely sure. There were many others of course but the names escape me.   
    Well, I have some sad updates for you, unfortunately.

ScooterTramp was probably ScooterTrash.  He passed away a few years back.  I think it was from cancer.

CPJ has left the forum of his own accord.  However, last I heard, he was alive and well.

The kid who flew helicopters died in a chopper crash several years ago.  He seemed like a nice guy.

Wsutlive, aka Billy Chuck, has also passed.  

I don't recall FlytierGirl, and I've been here since the early 2000s.

Things have changed a lot since then.  Welcome back.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,490 Senior Member
    Welcome back.  That certainly was a ways back.  Many of us remember those you mentioned though.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Zee said:
    Welcome back!
    I remember everyone you mentioned. But, I don’t think I was here in 2000. The GA couple didn’t join until after me, though. So, you mighta been here a little longer than you recall. 

She lived in CO and was an EMT (SAR as well). Nice gal. 
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,463 Senior Member
    Hey, I remember you!

Welcome back.  

As jerry said, some sad updates on the people you remember. But- its nice that people remember them.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,740 Senior Member
    Welcome back, I have been here since a little before Dan J came on. If you remember Jim Rice he also passed.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,891 Senior Member
    edited March 2020 #16
    Welcome aboard
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,410 Senior Member
    edited March 2020 #17
    ScooterTrash was a very good friend friend of mine. We shot a lot of prairie dogs and benchrest competitions together. Sadly, he passed on Valentines Day, Feb 14, 2011 of lung cancer.

Hard to believe it's been over 9 years.

BTW....Welcome back!

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,531 Senior Member
    The Georgia couple, his&hers1911 if I recall.
    Yep, good people
    That's all I got.

Paul
    Zee said:
    Welcome back!
    Well, I have some sad updates for you, unfortunately.

ScooterTramp was probably ScooterTrash.  He passed away a few years back.  I think it was from cancer.

CPJ has left the forum of his own accord.  However, last I heard, he was alive and well.

The kid who flew helicopters died in a chopper crash several years ago.  He seemed like a nice guy.

Wsutlive, aka Billy Chuck, has also passed.  

Things have changed a lot since then.  Welcome back.
    Ah man, that's some sad, sad news. Hope they all Rest in Peace. That kid who flew helicopters seemed like a first class fella. We would occasionally pm back and forth and talk about whatever. Kid seemed like he had a level head about himself. Sigh... guess that's life and all. 
    ScooterTrash was a very good friend friend of mine. We shot a lot of prairie dogs and benchrest competitions together. Sadly, he passed on Valentines Day, Feb 14, 2011 of lung cancer.

Hard to believe it's been over 9 years.

BTW....Welcome back!

Mike
    Sorry to hear about his passing. It's good you will always have those memories.
    edited March 2020 #21
    Hey, I remember you!

Welcome back.  

As jerry said, some sad updates on the people you remember. But- its nice that people remember them.

Yeah! I remember you as well! Linefinder too. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,490 Senior Member
    edited March 2020 #22
    Sad to add a few more, we lost BigChief and Woodsrunner last year
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,410 Senior Member
    And Razorbacker, 2-3 years ago. Wish he was still around, too.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    I recall your handle.  Welcome back!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    I recall your handle.  Welcome back!

Thanks.And I remember you as well!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,835 Senior Member
    Welcome back, how was prison?🤣😂😆
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Elk creek said:
    Not that bad actually. Learned quite a bit in those Turkish shower rooms. Thankfully, all the soap is enclosed in plastic containers as well as secured on 2' chains to keep it from falling on the floor. Once a month we were allowed to watch some old gladiator movies. 
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,302 Senior Member
    Anyone ever hear what happened to Bruchi? His last few post were made heavily medicated.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,835 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    Not that bad actually. Learned quite a bit in those Turkish shower rooms. Thankfully, all the soap is enclosed in plastic containers as well as secured on 2' chains to keep it from falling on the floor. Once a month we were allowed to watch some old gladiator movies. 
    Sounds reasonable! 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,317 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    Anyone ever hear what happened to Bruchi? His last few post were made heavily medicated.
    Bruchi (and his brother) had some very serious health issues and towards the end of his time here he had fallen on hard times.  His very successful photography business went under and last time I communicated with him he was not doing well health wise at all.  I fear the worse but I’d love to find out otherwise.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

GunNut said:
    jbp-ohio said:
    Bruchi (and his brother) had some very serious health issues and towards the end of his time here he had fallen on hard times.  His very successful photography business went under and last time I communicated with him he was not doing well health wise at all.  I fear the worse but I’d love to find out otherwise.
    Sorry to hear this. I remember him.