Home Main Category General Firearms

What was your most recent firearm purchase or acquisition?

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,748 Senior Member
    JKP said:
    Been on a bit of a binge lately - Ruger MKIII Hunter, Glock 45, Savage 110 Precision. 

I need to get focused back on downsizing. 
    Riiiiiiiiiiight. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Some_Mook said:
    Went to my LGS last week (after he had been shut down for almost two weeks) to get another steel target for my back yard range and ended up walking out with the target and a WASR 10 since the price hadn't been jacked up
    Pics or it didn’t happen. 
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,669 Senior Member
    I'm DONE buying guns.  No more for me.  I can't think of one that appeals to me.  Done!  I get vicarious pleasure from seeing the guns you buy, but for me, the fire gas burned out.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Until the next one. 😁
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 315 Member
    Zee said:
    Some_Mook said:
    Went to my LGS last week (after he had been shut down for almost two weeks) to get another steel target for my back yard range and ended up walking out with the target and a WASR 10 since the price hadn't been jacked up
    Pics or it didn’t happen. 

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    edited April 16 #97

Haven't fired it yet, the weather here has turned very cold and windy.  My East German Type 2 bayonet won't fit (Seems to be a common issue with the WASR) and I do not know why Century Arms does not include cleaning rods anymore.  I have a Romanian Type 1 bayonet, Romanian leather sling, US Palm pistol grip and a cleaning rod on order and should have them by Friday

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 547 Senior Member
    I'm DONE buying guns.
    NOT again....
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,523 Senior Member
    Should be here in a couple of days... 😁
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,376 Senior Member
    Gun ranges closed down at least for another month.  
    Bought a Sig P320 Pellet gun...weighs similar to a real P320

At least now I can practice.
    Correction, will be here at my door on Saturday  B)

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,525 Senior Member
    edited April 16 #102
    What's your address again? Wait - aren't you downsizing? ;)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    I prefer the term upgrading.  I'm leaving the "common? behind...  I have gotten rid of quite a bit of my trading stock for fewer either higher value firearms or guns that I want more.  No sense in having too many duplicates.  The last time I wanted to take a gun with my for a nice walk in the woods I was standing in front of my safe waaaay too long,,,

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,376 Senior Member
    Now you've done it.  Got me all worked up and my CDL is expired and I can't buy a gun until Newsome opens up DMV again!  So I was forced, I say forced, to order an AR Stoner 6.5 Grendal upper today.  Have a Nikon Black 1000 scope in the closet I guess I'll just have to unbox too.  Man, you guys are a great influence!  
    GunNut said:

The last time I wanted to take a gun with me for a nice walk in the woods I was standing in front of my safe waaaay too long,,,
    The Horror...

Some_Mook said:
    GunNut said:

The last time I wanted to take a gun with me for a nice walk in the woods I was standing in front of my safe waaaay too long,,,
    The Horror...

The struggle is real...

@GunNut, you should check out some local Mom-to-Mom sales and see if you can pick up an all-terrain stroller for a decent price.  A little constructive re-purposing and you'd have a nice multi-firearm caddy and would be able to avoid the pain and embarrassment of only having to chose one long gun to take for a walk on any given day... 
    Some_Mook said:
    @GunNut, you should check out some local Mom-to-Mom sales and see if you can pick up an all-terrain stroller for a decent price.  A little constructive re-purposing and you'd have a nice multi-firearm caddy and would be able to avoid the pain and embarrassment of only having to chose one long gun to take for a walk on any given day... 
    HA!!  That would be a funny sales encounter!  

You're buying this for your grandkids? 

Nope, you think this pouch here will hold 10 1911 mags?

:D 

Just show them a picture:  I need to make one of these with it...

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,776 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
      No sense in having too many duplicates.

I don't know about that, I enjoy each of my lever guns. Two exactly the same?  What if one breaks

The last time I wanted to take a gun with my for a nice walk in the woods I was standing in front of my safe waaaay too long,,,

My issue is having to dig out what I am looking for

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    My problem is that like with women I would like to have them all, but realized a long time ago I can’t (wife made me realize that 😁).  BUT, unlike women, I can cycle them in and out as fast as needed to get close to my goal, and the ones that leave don’t take all my money, they only contribute to getting other guns!

And, my renewed C&R opens up a whole lot of possibilities I never really understood before!

Some_Mook said:

New pistol grip installed.  I like it.

• MFarrellMFarrell Posts: 3 New Member
    Can anyone help me out with posting a picture? It seems that i can only post images that have a web address.
    edited April 18 #114
    MFarrell said:
    Can anyone help me out with posting a picture? It seems that i can only post images that have a web address.

I find the easiest way is to simply drag and drop an image file from a folder saved on my computer
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,525 Senior Member
    Click the clear as mud "image" icon at the top of the message editor, click "browse" and select your image.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Well the USPS let me down...  they are running late with deliveries so hopefully Monday 🤬

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,985 Senior Member
    edited April 19 #117
    MFarrell said:
    See this screen shot, I had my pointer over the image button, so that its name popped up

edited to add: When you click on that button, there's a small button that says, "Choose Files" above the box that says, "Image URL"

When you click on the choose files button, it will open file explorer (on a windows machine) and allow you to browse around until you find the file you're wanting to upload.
    If you're running apple (BLEH), I have no clue
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Some_Mook said:
    MFarrell said:

I find the easiest way is to simply drag and drop an image file from a folder saved on my computer
    What he said.  Open picture file, click on picture and drag to leave a comment box and drop it.

@MFarrell figured it out.  There are about a dozen images posted on the 'Help identify 8mm Mauser' thread
    G44

• JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 497 Member
    @Zee, just out of curiosity, your pictures that you post are always beautiful but the sky always looks dark and dreary. Is that a filter or is it always dark and dreary where you live?