Home Main Category Clubhouse

I case you ever wondered...

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 12,045 Senior Member
edited April 2020 in Clubhouse #1
A 250 count box of Berrys Plated .357 148 grain hollow base wadcutters makes one HELL of a racket when dropped down a hardwood staircase. 
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,502 Senior Member
    Try getting dressed in a dark closet with a pocket full of change!! B)
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    You can't be sure you found them all unless you count them :)
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    You can't be sure you found them all unless you count them :)

Twice.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    That’s nothing, try dropping a 30 + drawer cabinet full of different calibers and weights down a flight of stairs.  :s
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    All good reasons I do not have stairs in my house.  :D
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I wanna hear more about getting dressed in a dark closet.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    All good reasons I do not have stairs in my house.  :D
    I would like to say that as there is only a couple inch drop to the living room. BUT  all of my gun stuff is up a ships ladder in the loft.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    This all reminds me of the time I woke my wife up when I came home from dancing at the club. At 0200. I was really trying to be quiet, but things were a'jingling! I get this very sleepy "Make the tinkle go away..." from the direction of the bed.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    I need to have my custom holster maker make a new holster for my SpeedBeez speed loader.  The one I have is from SpeedBeez.  The problem is that if I lean up against something too hard (sometimes the chair back) the plunger on the speed loader gets pressed, releasing the rounds.  The design of the holster allows the rounds to then fall out and in my wife's words, I start pooping bullets.  :D

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    This all reminds me of the time I woke my wife up when I came home from dancing at the club. At 0200. I was really trying to be quiet, but things were a'jingling! I get this very sleepy "Make the tinkle go away..." from the direction of the bed.
    Don’t most dancers get tips in dollar bills?!?!? 😁
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    Tell us more about your adventures in the dark forest.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

zorba said:
    Is that a pet name for it? :D

So you come sneakin in at 2:00 a.m., after shakin your thang all night. You have a very understanding wife, a saint. 😇
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• GilaGila Posts: 1,887 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    I didn't want to picture Zorba at Chippendales... 
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,502 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    Big Al1 said:
    Tell us more about your adventures in the dark forest.
    Sorry to get you all excited, just one of my favorite quotes from Hawkeye Pierce!! (MASH)

But in the wrong situation, two dimes could sound like the 1812 Overture!! B)
    Gila said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    Then there's Mike.
    He's got the moves.

GunNut said:
    zorba said:

Fives, preferably. 10 and 20s if we can get them. But Belly Dancers have coins ON their costumes - they tend to jingle/tinkle with every slight movement. Sometimes those little clamshell bells too. I even have tinkly coins on some of my earings!

)O(
    Gila said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    TOTALLY different dance form!

)O(
    Spk said:
    zorba said:
    Is that a pet name for it? :D

So you come sneakin in at 2:00 a.m., after shakin your thang all night. You have a very understanding wife, a saint. 😇
    I was a regular at a very old club on "Cannery Row" for several years, until it was closed. There had been Belly Dancing there for 50 years every Friday nite - I was there about 2/3rds of the time. It was interesting, we never knew what the situation was going to be. Sometimes we had little to no audience, sometimes the place was packed. Sometimes there were only 2 or 3 dancers, sometimes we were lined up hipscarf to hipscarf!
    Show started at 2100, and ran until "whenever", usually well past midnite. I remember a couple of times getting in a bit late, walking into the dressing room and basically being run right through it onto the stage because there were 2 other dancers there and they'd already danced once: "Thank Goddess you're here, where's your music? Need a veil? Stage, NOW."

)O(