Home Main Category Clubhouse

What Are You Drinking Tonight?

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,667 Senior Member

Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,981 Senior Member
    Country Time Lemonade add a little sugar mixed 50/50 with Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice or V8 Energy Pomegranate Blueberry, or just iced Coffee with Italian Sweet Creme.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,840 Senior Member
    Johnny Walker Black tonight. 

- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,843 Senior Member
    scotch and milk without the scotch.
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    Iced tea tonight.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,094 Senior Member
    Milk, Chocolate.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • 2Aman2Aman Member Posts: 332 Member
    Dont laugh until you tried it- Cucumber Vodka
    Cool - Clear - Water ……………...

...as the nights are cool and I'm a fool for water. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,702 Senior Member

That is THE Premium Scotch for all of Latin America.  When I was growing up the "Premium Scotch" drinking adults were usually divided between JW Black and Chivas Regal.  My dad was a Chivas guy but most of his friends were JW Black gentlemen.  I became a JW guy.  To this day it is the scotch I judge all others by because that was what I identified as the taste of "good" scotch throughout my formative years.  Still a favorite and there is ALWAYS at least one bottle in my house.

But, tonight I'll be calling on a bottle of Pampero Aniversario Rum.  A taste I acquired while doing business in Venezuela for years and still one of the best tasting Rums in the world.  I normally drink it neat from a Cognac snifter   (I LOVE the smell of this rum) or with one ice cube in the summer.

Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Now there's an earworm I don't mind. Haven't thought of that song in decades!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:

Always like the Marty Robbins cover of this old classic. 
    zorba said:

Always like the Marty Robbins cover of this old classic. 
    I *think* that's the version I heard as a  boy.

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Worth a listen...

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    Ice water and coffee for 2 more weeks. Then see what sounds good when the time comes.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 653 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

That is THE Premium Scotch for all of Latin America.  When I was growing up the "Premium Scotch" drinking adults were usually divided between JW Black and Chivas Regal.  My dad was a Chivas guy but most of his friends were JW Black gentlemen.  I became a JW guy.  To this day it is the scotch I judge all others by because that was what I identified as the taste of "good" scotch throughout my formative years.  Still a favorite and there is ALWAYS at least one bottle in my house.

But, tonight I'll be calling on a bottle of Pampero Aniversario Rum.  A taste I acquired while doing business in Venezuela for years and still one of the best tasting Rums in the world.  I normally drink it neat from a Cognac snifter   (I LOVE the smell of this rum) or with one ice cube in the summer.

It’s amazing what the shape of a glass will do th change the aroma. The same with adding a few drops of good spring water will open it up and alter the flavor profile.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,545 Senior Member
    Ice cold Coke-Cola from a can, In the process of getting ready for a 12hr shift in the nut house
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,118 Senior Member
    Ahaa!
    I found it!

Now if I can get the news tuned, I'll be trippin' without a ticket baby!
    I'm drinking a beer because whiskey's too rough, champagne costs too much, and vodka puts my mouth in gear....
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,355 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    An inebriated cat sounds like a murder waiting to happen, don't get her lit up if she has an empty stomach :#  
    I saw one of my moms cats drink a spilled beer and then run into a wall at full speed.  It was like a cartoon where the cat accordions when it hits. 

One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,355 Senior Member

I’ve already had a gin and tonic, then a “larceny” bourbon on the rocks. 

I have a feeling work will suck tomorrow 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    GunNut said:

It’s amazing what the shape of a glass will do th change the aroma. The same with adding a few drops of good spring water will open it up and alter the flavor profile.
    Absolutely true!!!  This particular Rum when you drink out of a snifter gives you a GREAT nose of molasses that you don't get if you put it on ice in a straight whiskey glass.  But it works the other way around too.  Some of the scotches when you put them in a tight mouth glass give you too much of a smoke/peat flavor (which is Ok for many but it can become overwhelming for some).  Those definitely need a few drops of water to open up as you said.

I love taking the time to appreciate a fine liquor the right way.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

I’ve already had a gin and tonic, then a “larceny” bourbon on the rocks. 

I have a feeling work will suck tomorrow 
    So you're getting a head start on tomorrow's Happy Hour?  :D

Gila said:

A true gentleman. Great music.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,162 Senior Member
    This is a gun forum. Tomorrow we come out of level 4 lockdown into level 3, which means I can go hunting locally..........and I got a call from a farmer friend that there were 9 deer in his horse paddock today and when the hell are we coming up to cull them......so guess where I am heading tomorrow.

So in view of those two facts I grabbed this....

Got given it as a present about 10 yrs ago.........reviews I have read say its nothing special, but I like the packaging :D
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,929 Senior Member
    Jim Beam Black, on the rocks
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
    Tea this morning

GunNut said:
    and Gin Martinis.
    Oh Yeah!!!
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 421 Member
    Before our son deployed, he left all kinds of beer in the fridge. I’ve been drinking dogfish, corona, yeungling and his Jack. There’s a few other ipa’s that I’ll save for the tomorrow.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,162 Senior Member
    Well, those that know my families background will probably raise their eyebrows.......but tonight I am drinking very chilled Pinot Gris(  white wine) mixed with Peach schnapps and tonic water over ice out of a high ball glass. Very refreshing........and an interesting contrast. The white wine is slightly acidic, the peach schnapps has the sweetness and alcohol and the tonic is pleasing to the palate.

And yes, I have company......... ;)

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....