Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Judge blocks Calif. ammo registration law.

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,421 Senior Member
Temporary but a step in the right direction.  I'm sure AG will take up the chain of the Ninth circuit.    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/federal-judge-blocks-california-law-requiring-background-check-buy-ammunition-n1191316

Replies

• DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
    edited April 24 #2
    pjames777 said:
    Temporary but a step in the right direction.  I'm sure AG will take up the chain of the Ninth circuit.    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/federal-judge-blocks-california-law-requiring-background-check-buy-ammunition-n1191316
    He'll no doubt be getting another "visit" from 'Turn em' all in Feinstein"
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    It's been a royal pain for a lot of folks.

If you have done a firearm background check from your current address and nothing weird on your driver's license - as was the case with me - it's usually a quick, almost instantaneous process and it costs you a buck.

People who haven't bought guns in a long time or have moved since then frequently get denied.  Clerical errors of name changes due to marriage or divorce, hyphenated last names, Junior and Senior suffixes, or just goofed up keystrokes have all thrown wrenches into the process.

If you're not a CA resident, AFAIK, you're screwed.

Interestingly, you're probably far less likely to have trouble with the process of buying a gun.

I want Benitez sitting in Ginsberg's chair.  He's taking the right steps and writing the right opinions on our magazine and AW bans - the slow grind of getting through the process continues, but he's generating some airtight arguments for the next level up.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Good.
    I hate that law a little more than some of the other infringement laws.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    WAAAAY overdue. Who's in charge at the California Ministry of Justice now that Kamala "Microstamping" Harris is out?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 328 Member
    Bigslug said:

<<< typo? >>>
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Some_Mook said:
    Bigslug said:

<<< typo? >>>
    No.  You can't come into CA as a non-resident and buy ammo.
    WWJMBD?

zorba said:
    WAAAAY overdue. Who's in charge at the California Ministry of Justice now that Kamala "Microstamping" Harris is out?
    Xavier Becerra.  I believe the the best phrase to describe the changeover from one to the other would be "S.S.D.D." 
    WWJMBD?

• Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 328 Member
    Bigslug said:
    Some_Mook said:
    Bigslug said:

<<< typo? >>>
    No.  You can't come into CA as a non-resident and buy ammo.

I was implying that not being a resident of California would be preferable to being a resident.  The sorrow related to the inability to purchase ammunition in that state as a non-resident would be negated by the infinite joy of not being a resident.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Crowd yesterday at Sportsman's Warehouse was significant....buying ammo.  Went in bought some 6.5 Grendel and M193 5.56 and walked out without showing ID.   Just like in a free State!
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Ninth Circuit just over ruled district judge and reinstated Calif. Ammunition laws!  Hate the Ninth Circuit!

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I hate roller coasters....
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,811 Senior Member
    NOT trying to be political, but Judge Benitez is a conservative Judge appointed by Bush.  THIS is the MAIN reason I voted for Trump.  We have over 200 conservative Judges that have been appointed since he became President.  SOME day we'll get to the 9th too...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,922 Senior Member
    The 9th has proven over and over again that it always goes the way of liberals without taking the constitution into account 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    zorba said:
    Xavier Becerra.  I believe the the best phrase to describe the changeover from one to the other would be "S.S.D.D." 
    Color me surprised...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Diver43 said:
    The 9th has proven over and over again that it always goes the way of liberals without taking the constitution into account 
    Tho court with the most overturned decisions in the Supreme Court IIRC.

• JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 544 Senior Member
    I hate the system of checks and balances when they don't end in me getting my way.