Home Main Category Clubhouse

Name that movie by co-star stage name(s)

13»

Replies

• Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 600 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    Here's one for you.

Steve Martin
    "Once a city of six million people. What has happened here was caused by a force which up until a few days ago was entirely beyond the scope of Man's imagination."

There were once many people here who could've told of what they saw...Now there are only a few
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Captain     (character is not named in movie other than captain or Old Man)

The British have stopped making mistakes 

(the book is excellent, the movie outstanding.  I prefer to watch the movie un-dubbed) 
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    edited April 2020 #64
    Some_Mook said:

(the book is excellent, the movie outstanding.  I prefer to watch the movie un-dubbed) 
    Das Boot?

Btw, if it is Das Boot, I too prefer watching that movie without subtitles The book, and movie, was excellent. 

It's interesting hearing the 'other sides' perspective of WWII.. A few other great reads of this genre is: "Japanese Destroyer Captain" by Capt.Tameichi Hara; "Samurai" by fighter ace, Saburo Sakai; and Iron Coffins by Herbert Werner. All three of those books grace the shelves of my personal library. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,984 Senior Member
    I like Das Boot as well - very well done both book and movie. The scene where they're at the bottom near Gibraltar, and the captain says "I'm sorry" (because he feels he failed his men and they're not going to get to the surface again) - and then the "ready" reports start coming in - makes chills run down my spine, its awesome!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    Some_Mook said:
    The hardest thing to hear...for any of us...is something we don't agree with.

We take what we want and leave the rest, just like your salad bar. -- Egg Shen

Same guy different movie 😂
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Some_Mook said:
    Spk said:
    Here's one for you.

Steve Martin
    "Once a city of six million people. What has happened here was caused by a force which up until a few days ago was entirely beyond the scope of Man's imagination."

There were once many people here who could've told of what they saw...Now there are only a few
    (Same actor in a 1954 classic)
    What do you want from me? ...
    What do you want? A lot of money? I don't have any money...
    Say something...
    Say something!

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Some_Mook said:

Das Boot?

The scene in the movie where Pilgrim gets washed over the conning tower rail was actually an on-set accident - Jan Fedder lost his grip when hit by the water crashing onto the mock-up of the conning tower and broke a couple of ribs going over the railing.  The director, Wolfgang Petersen, did not realize that it was an accident and was so impressed by the actor's performance that he wanted to do another take.

Peterson also directed the movie 'Outbreak', an interesting bit of trivia given the current pandemic.
    Spk said:
    Frank
    "... She's not even my species, and I'm attracted."

No one guessed Frank the Pug from Men In Black?
    Voiced by actor Tim Blaney. You may not recognize the name but I bet you're familiar with his work. He's a prolific voice actor and puppeteer. He was in Men In Black 1-3 and MIB International as the voice of Frank the Pug and was the Voice of Johnny Five in Short Circuit 1&2. He was also a puppeteer in Disney's Flight of the Navigator and The Muppet Movie.

• DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    "It's just a flesh wound"

Comedy
    Consolation round:

Harley
    "We're bad guys. It's what we do."

"It's just a flesh wound"

Comedy
     "I've had worse"

Best film ever made that had two directors at the same time.  Never would have guessed how coconuts found their way onto the British isles without having seen this one.
    Spk said:
    Consolation round:

Harley
    "We're bad guys. It's what we do."

Answers the question "Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people?"
    Walter Sobchak

"...I myself dabbled in pacifism once.  Not in 'Nam of course."
    Some_Mook said:
    Walter Sobchak

John Goodman in The Big Lebowski.

A cast member from The Big Lebowski uttered these lines in another more recent award winning movie.

Alice
    I used to be someone who knew a lot. No one asks for my opinion or advice anymore.

I just remembered this classic line. 😂

George
    "Last night, Darth Vader came down from Planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out, that he'd melt my brain."

Spk said:
    Some_Mook said:
    Walter Sobchak

Alice
    I used to be someone who knew a lot. No one asks for my opinion or advice anymore.

Julianne Moore.  Still Alice
    Spk said:
    I just remembered this classic line. 😂

George McFly

"Last night, Darth Vader came down from Planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out, that he'd melt my brain."

How about another Star Wars reference line

Doug 

"I am your father, Luke. Give in to the dark side of the force, you knob."
    Some_Mook said:

Doug 

Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis as Doug and Bob in Strange Brew. One of their co-stars appeared in this very recognizable 80's classic.

Osric
    "There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster,..."

Spk said:
    Jud
    "The soil of a man's heart is stonier..."
    No one got Fred Gwynne as Jud Crandall in Pet Sematary (1989).

Here's an easier one.

Couch Harris
    "I would get up and redeem myself in the eyes of my father, my Maker, and my Coach!"

Spk said:
    Some_Mook said:

Doug 

Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis as Doug and Bob in Strange Brew.
    One of my favorite Rick Moranis lines from this movie: "My brother and I always said drowning in beer would be like Heaven.  Now he's not here, I've got two soakers... this is not Heaven, this SUCKS!"

One of their co-stars appeared in this very recognizable 80's classic.  Conan the Barbarian
    Osric  Max Von Sydow
    "There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster,..."

Spk said:
    Here's an easier one.

Couch Harris
    "I would get up and redeem myself in the eyes of my father, my Maker, and my Coach!"

John Goodman, Revenge of the Nerds?
    Harley

"It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"
    Some_Mook said:
    Spk said:
    Here's an easier one.

Couch Harris

John Goodman, Revenge of the Nerds?
    That's the one 👍 A lot of really funny lines in that movie. Lines that would be offensive today.
    Speaking of King Osric, he also starred in this 1973 horror classic.
    Merrin
    "I think the point is to make us despair. To see ourselves as... animal and ugly. To make us reject the possibility that God could love us."

Regrettably, we lost him this year on March 8th at the age of 90. (10 April 1929 - 8 March 2020)
    Thanks for scaring the hell out of us in '73.

• GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,095 Senior Member
    Godzilla, King of the monsters!

Okay, here's one...

James W. Quinn

"No, then you'd come back and you haunt me and flatten my tires, and stuff"

I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
    GunnerK19 said:
    Godzilla, King of the monsters!

Okay, here's one...

James W. Quinn

"No, then you'd come back and you haunt me and flatten my tires, and stuff"

That's James W. Quinn as Lloyd in the movie Witchboard. Btw, Tawney Kitaen as Linda Brewster is the only reason you need to watch Witchboard 🤣
    Minor post correction... Only the name Lloyd and the quote hint would've been necessary.
    Name the movie by co-star stage/screen name.

• GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,095 Senior Member
    Got it. I took stage name as the actor's name since towards the beginning of the thread it said not the character's name.
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
    Here's a quote from a movie I've seen probably too many times 😂

Gillom
    "But how could you get into so many fights and always come out on top? I nearly tied you shooting."