Home Main Category General Firearms

In your mind, what is the sexiest looking gun?

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,307 Senior Member
    Speaking of how can i forget:  BigAl's  Ruger #1
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 358 Member
    Big Al1 said:
    How could I forget!!??See the source image

Yes!!!! Been in love with the Thompson since I was a kid.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,465 Senior Member
    The USMC M1941 sniper version of the M1903 Springfield.

As with any "sexiest looking" discussion, it depends greatly upon the personal kinks of the observer:

U.S. service weapon?  Check.
    Improved over original (C-stock) but not cheapened (no 1903-A3 stamped parts)? Check.
    Rifle team / marksmanship instructor and armorer cadre applying their core fundamentals to advance the business of war?  Check.
    Chambered in a cartridge that doesn't need to apologize for any shortcomings?  Check.

Says "'M'erica" louder than anything else I can think of.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 653 Senior Member
    I don’t think they can get any sexier than a fine made English double. The amount of craftsmanship is just unbelievable. They truly are a work of art.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,427 Senior Member
    https://stevebarnettfineguns.com/

Every firearm on this web site.

Hard to believe this place is only 40 miles from me in a town of approx 4-5k people.

Zorba, he's got several Lugers for sale.  
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,142 Senior Member
    Browning SA .22LR.  It just spews sexy!

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 653 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:

Hard to believe this place is only 40 miles from me in a town of approx 4-5k people.

It would be worth the trip. Few shops have the inventory they have.
    I did 10+ yrs ago. He didn't have that kind of inventory back then and had a different location. Will have to go again. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,093 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:

And so he does. A bit on the rich side for my blood, but one never knows. I'm hankering for a DWM .30 to compliment my Mauser 9.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,200 Senior Member
    Antonio said:

Shotguns? The classic SxS with exposed hammers.....just wow!
    Here you go .... This old Remington 1897 has a history too...belonged to a Sheriff in Eastern Kansas...when he retired from the law enforcement business he opened a saloon where the shotgun lived behind the bar and served as a pacifier....

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Sharps and High Walls... what's not to love?

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 261 Member
    RugerFan said:

Gee, thanks RugerFan. I never heard of this outfit and just spent an hour or so drooling over things I'll never ever be able to afford. So many cool guns so little cash. :p
    You are quite welcome, Rafter!!!!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member

That's not too far down my list Jeff. I had a friend that had one and I shot it a lot. Smoothest SA .22 I've ever seen. Makes a Ruger 10/22 feel like garden hoe handle.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,518 Senior Member
    If I ever find it at a show again I will have pictures, it is a custom built on a M98 action and chambered in 6.5x55.  I kept seeing it at shows for years and never had the money for it, and then as soon as I had the money I no longer say it at the shows.  Nice wood and a few pieces of metal were color case hardened  to add some nice accent touches.  Even though the seller had a different tag on it every show, he always had the makers name on the tag spelled wrong.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,784 Senior Member
    bellcat said:

Han Solo’s sidearm of choice 

Snake said "sexiest" not "coolest" or "meanest looking".

Got a fever regarding those ones.... can't stop hoarding them!!Jeff in TX said:

Also a beauty. Got a '50s made one as a gift in mint condition and it's a sweet to shoot. Of course makes the 10/22 feel like a piece of plumbing dropped in molten plastic but not as nearly as practical....it almost hurts you using it!Jayhawker said:
    Antonio said:

Shotguns? The classic SxS with exposed hammers.....just wow!
    Here you go .... This old Remington 1897 has a history too...belonged to a Sheriff in Eastern Kansas...when he retired from the law enforcement business he opened a saloon where the shotgun lived behind the bar and served as a pacifier....

Wow! that's a beauty. Sadly such guns are very hard to find here in still decent condition since most have been used to the point of destruction.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,026 Senior Member
    I've scored at the gunnery range while the warthogs were strafing!! IMPRESSIVE!
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    edited May 2020 #50
    Interesting bit of information.  The A-10 warthog was designed around the gun it carries.  May be why it is so effective at the job it does.....
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 380 Member
    edited May 2020 #51
    Interesting bit of information.  The A-10 warthog was designed around the gun it carries.  May be why it is so effective at the job it does.....
    3,900 to 4,200 rounds per minute of 30mm slugs with a depleted uranium penetrator core will get the job done under most circumstances. 

Of course at about $140.00 per round it would be a bit more pricey than my normal mag dumps, but still....da-yumm!

We live not far from the Selfridge AF base in Michigan, so it is not uncommon to have a flight of A-10 Thunderbolt (it's "official" name, but warthog is cooler sounding) aircraft come over the house (sounds like freedom, even when the gun is not hot).

It's funny because the wife never sees them - she is always looking toward the clouds when she hears them.  "No, dear, they went right over the barn just above tree-top level"
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,700 Senior Member
    edited May 2020 #52
    Have an empty 30mm case on the bookshelf courtesy of my son’s time at DM working on A10 Egress.  It’s freaking impressive...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 380 Member

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Some_Mook said:
    3,900 to 4,200 rounds per minute of 30mm slugs with a depleted uranium penetrator core will get the job done under most circumstances. 

Of course at about $140.00 per round it would be a bit more pricey than my normal mag dumps, but still....da-yumm!

We live not far from the Selfridge AF base in Michigan, so it is not uncommon to have a flight of A-10 Thunderbolt (it's "official" name, but warthog is cooler sounding) aircraft come over the house (sounds like freedom, even when the gun is not hot).

It's funny because the wife never sees them - she is always looking toward the clouds when she hears them.  "No, dear, they went right over the barn just above tree-top level"
    The A10s at Selfridge we originally based at Battle Creek...Every now and then, the City Fire Department would get dispatched to the airfield for an A10 coming in with a "hot gun". Honestly don't know what all the fuss was about because the base had it's own FD, the plane would land and taxi into the disarming area and the ordnance guys would clear the gun...

Here's a couple of pics of one of Battle Creeks A10s with some battle damage sustained over Iraq

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,026 Senior Member
    I was watching an F-16 engage an A-10, air to air, on our ACMI system. The F-16 had just lit up the A-10 with it's radar so it could launch a missile.  The A-10 did an immediate 180' turn and was lined up head on with the F-16. The F-16 broke off quickly, didn't like looking down all those barrels!
    105mm, 30mm, 20mm and a .50BMG for comparison...

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,196 Senior Member
    I've seen a lot of beautiful guns on this thread but to my mind sexy means "fast, dangerous and nice lines." Such as the Dillion 134D mini gun. Now that's sexy!

The recoil alone on that GAU-8 Avenger 30 mm rotary cannon might flip over my truck. I still would love to have one for the front yard. Rough neighborhood. 😁
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,159 Senior Member

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    edited May 2020 #59
    Spk said:
    I've seen a lot of beautiful guns on this thread but to my mind sexy means "fast, dangerous and nice lines." Such as the Dillion 134D mini gun. Now that's sexy!

The recoil alone on that GAU-8 Avenger 30 mm rotary cannon might flip over my truck. I still would love to have one for the front yard. Rough neighborhood. 😁
    Here's a Vulcan Cannon on a Prius...might be just the thing

My son told me that the A-10 can only fire the 30mm for short bursts because it LITERALLY slows the plane down to the point it could stall if you kept it going long enough.  He said on target runs at DM you could see the speed of the plane change when they let it rip on level flight!

Also heard the 105mm (that’s the big case in my pic) on the C130 gun ship actually moves the plane sideways when it goes off.