Home Main Category General Firearms

Quick range trip (and gun cleaning!)

zorbazorba Senior MemberPosts: 23,403 Senior Member
edited May 16 in General Firearms #1
Wife and I went to da range today, first time in it feels like forever. I was mainly there to troubleshoot a couple of guns, but I did get in 200 rds practice with the Ruger Mark III. Then I shot that crazy Altor with different ammo, and it shot 100% with it. I switched back to the questionable stuff, and had varying results from "never fire" to fires on three, two, and even sometimes on one. So I'm pretty comfortable in blaming the ammo for last outing's dismal results with that gun. Then I had one of those 50 round Korean drum mags, that I was trying once again to use in a gun that I may or may not own, that may or may not be a Glock. This is the third time I tried this thing, after dismal results the first two times and sending it to a drum mag expert I know. It was either going to work flawlessly this time, or it wasn't coming home with me. Let's just say that the SRO said he'd pass it on to somebody who wanted to mess with it, I said "Good Riddance, its out of my range bag!"
Came home and cleaned everything.
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Drum mags are not ergonomic......

Bad ammo is way better than a bad gun.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,403 Senior Member
    Drum mags are not ergonomic......

Bad ammo is way better than a bad gun.
    Agreed, and this mag was just crap. Bye-bye!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,286 Senior Member
    I like ammo issues.  They are easy to fix!  Throw out the offending stuff and life is good!

Any thoughts as to what the drum mag issue was?  Just curious.  
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,875 Senior Member
    Glad you got things settled, even if it invloved a "spring cleaning" of the range bag
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.