Home Main Category General Firearms

Rainy Range Report

10canyon5310canyon53 MemberPosts: 2,071 Senior Member
Decided to go to the range today despite the rain.....didn't stay long, because of the rain...
My daughter shot a couple of magazines worth through her Pink Camo Mossberg 702 Plinkster (if bobbert were still around he would have a fit)  :D  I shot a magazine worth out of my Marlin 60 and my wife and I shot a magazine worth each out of her Henry.
My wife impressed me by shooting a 4 shot group in the bulls-eye small enough you could cover the entire group with a dime......and it was off-hand at 25 yards....with iron sights.

The main reason we went to the range though was to test my latest acquisition, the Brazilian CBC Model SB single shot 12 ga. I bought for nostalgic reasons.  Shot two rounds of 00 buck at 25 yards and two jugs died.
Now my memory was telling me that the CBC Model SB I owned 30 years ago as a teenager had significant recoil.  Today I discovered that those memories are quite accurate.  :s  That thing kicks like a very angry Missouri mule.  After shooting two rounds of Monarch 00 buck I pulled out a Remington slug I was planning to try, looked at the length of brass on that cartridge compared to the Monarch, said "Nope!" and put it back in the range bag.  :D  There will most definitely be a Limbsaver Airtech in that shotgun's future......especially since I have thoughts of killing some clay pigeons with it.  Well, that left me with another 5 water jugs to kill......luckily I brought along my Howa 1500 chambered in .30-06  That will do a proper job of killing a water jug.

Replies