Home Main Category General Firearms

Meanwhile back at the Pawn Shop.....

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    gunner81 said:
    d

Did you tell him it was a damn good coyote rifle? You shoulda told him it was good for shooting flies of the wall at 50 yards and that not to worry, it wouldn't penetrate the wall? Or did you tell him it wasn't any good much past 30 yards? Oh the agony! Oh the Humanity! LOL!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 423 Member
    truthfully Snake I like the gun its an old old Remington that looks like it was bought today we both know who had the gun and its history the caliber I have 2- 30.06s ,2-  308s and a 7mm I have so many so close to 270 I cant see the use for me
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 423 Member
    Crazy thing about that 270 it had an AD the night before deer season and I saw what he did and thats put it onto safety and it went off he did nothing wrong then the next morning another Remington 7mm-08 did the exact same thing both were gun people that I would trust with a gun in any situation
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    edited May 30 #35
    gunner81 said:
    truthfully Snake I like the gun its an old old Remington that looks like it was bought today we both know who had the gun and its history the caliber I have 2- 30.06s ,2-  308s and a 7mm I have so many so close to 270 I cant see the use for me

gunner81 said:

gunner81 said:
    Crazy thing about that 270 it had an AD the night before deer season and I saw what he did and thats put it onto safety and it went off he did nothing wrong then the next morning another Remington 7mm-08 did the exact same thing both were gun people that I would trust with a gun in any situation

The Remington Walker Trigger. Mike Walker, my namesake or maybe I'm his, designed that trigger with the Model 721 Rifle, the forrunner of the Model 700. It was also used on the Model 700 and Model 7 Remingtons up until 2006. It's different than other triggers. Most triggers have a sear and a trigger. But this trigger has a third piece, a floating piece in between the sear and trigger. Normally it works great. It's known for how light it can be adjusted to and how smooth it is and it's crisp let off. The fly in its soup is that if that floating third piece gets gummed up with dried up oil or grease or it gets dirty it can hang up and then when the safety is pushed to the off or fire position or sometimes I've heard when the bolt is closed it can go off. This hasn't happened often but it's happened just often enough to have killed a few people. At the very least it's scared hell out of some. This resulted in some costly law suits through the years. Mike Walker realized its fault several years later after the rifle and trigger were released in 1948 and wanted to redesign it but Remington wouldn't agree. Finally, in 2006 Remington introduced a new trigger, the X Mark Pro which also suffered from another problem. The use of excess bonding agent in the assembly caused it to have accidental or rather unintentional discharges. Anyway, I have a couple of rifles right now in my safe with the old Walker Trigger, one of them the rifle which this thread is about. Also, I have a couple of newer 700s with the X Mark Pro triggers. I've had my gun smith go through them and adjust them down to a safe 2.5 pounds. But I still don't trust them. These are high on my priorities list for being replaced with Timneys.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.