Home Main Category General Firearms

One of the things I enjoy about this forum in terms of shooting...

Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior MemberPosts: 7,425 Senior Member
Let's hear what yours is.
Now he may feel a little blushing, but I am going to say it anyway.
Zee's range reports are absolutely awesome!!!
Within that context:
Little Zee is a chip off the old block in the shooting department.
Zee has stretched my horizon's concerning the Three-Oh-Wait....in terms of what can be done from a field rig at ELR distances.
They are going to need to make a scope with more MIL in the reticle B)
Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,403 Senior Member
    Agreed. Zee's range reports are awesome - as are his photography skills. He's pretty much everything I'm not as far as both guns and cameras go! {BOW HERE}
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    A very talented individual with a great deal of experience. His reports have in depth and informative content.

Sometimes I can't open the threads bacause all the pics tie up my jack benny connection. But thats my own fault.

I haven't had oppertunity to try long range shooting yet. But Ive become more open minded about hollow point bullet performance.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,403 Senior Member
    Sometimes his reports are over my head - which means I learn something!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,286 Senior Member
    The generosity of members. You need something and someone will help you out.  These showed up in my mailbox today...

Now I can try them out on my 1917 with the .455 bore 😁

Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,861 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Agreed. Zee's range reports are awesome - as are his photography skills. He's pretty much everything I'm not as far as both guns and cameras go! {BOW HERE}
    Yeah, but can he belly dance and how's he look in a skirt? 🤔
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,861 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    The generosity of members. You need something and someone will help you out.  These showed up in my mailbox today...

Now I can try them out on my 1917 with the .455 bore 😁

That is so freakin' awesome... 👍
    I don't care who you are, those will make a dent in your armor. 😁
    Break out the chrono!!!! 😍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,629 Senior Member
    Yeah.  We have not always agreed on everything, but I have to admit he's a hunter most of us aren't and a shooter as well.  
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,288 Senior Member
    I like that there are a lot of people on here that have moved in and out of different disciplines and taken what they have done to different levels. Kind of like the tree oh wait thread, the Prairie dogging threads, the extended range hunting, I would LIKE to see a thread on sixguns B8 handgun setup.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,549 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    Yeah.  We have not always agreed on everything, but I have to admit he's a hunter most of us aren't and a shooter as well.  

I need a hug. 😘
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • dwfffandwfffan Member Posts: 36 Member

I have been around this form for a few years now and Z is what brings me back. 
    Please no offense to any other member, but his post's both in the General Forum and Hunting Forum have helped keep me interested in rifle shooting. I am shooting and loading for .223, .308, 7.5x55 now. I have maxed out at 550 yards due to range limits, but always looking for more room. I do not hunt very much anymore, but what is better than a good "Z" science project. So Z, thank you for what you do for the forum and my own interest's.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,123 Senior Member
    For me, it's been the insane amount of help with traditional muzzleloading firearms and the associated art of casting roundballs and bullets.  I've gotten a tremendous head start in those respective arts in no small part due to the expertise on this board. 
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    Six-Gun said:
    For me, it's been the insane amount of help with traditional muzzleloading firearms and the associated art of casting roundballs and bullets.  I've gotten a tremendous head start in those respective arts in no small part due to the expertise on this board. 

Six-Gun said:

Yes but our Muzzle loading expertise has been cut about 2/3s since teach isn't on anymore and woods runner hardly comes around. I use to get a double whammy from Teach and Tenn Mike. And now and then Woods runner would come around. Those three had a wealth of Muzzle Loading knowledge. Now, Tenn Mike is the lone ranger of gurus in that department. If there's another one here I didn't mean to slight them but Tenn Mike, Teach, and Woodsrunner were the only ones I ever dealt with on muzzle Loading.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Actually, what I love most here is the warm acceptance of my favorite Rifle Cartridge, the .270 Winchester..... OK I couldn't help myself, LOL!!!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,071 Senior Member
    Yes, we love the .270 too.....it is a constant source of entertainment.  :D
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,292 Senior Member
    In the long range department I live vicariously in the threads Zee and Ernie post, ESPECIALLY with those long range pistols. The accuracy they attain is something else. I'm crippled by not having more than a 350 yard range to shoot along the creek bottom here.
    Learned a LOT about stock finishing from several members, and have put that knowledge to use over the years.
    I miss Teach and Woodsrunner when it comes to flintlock muzzleloading rifles. I started out with a T/C caplock Hawken, and ended up with three barrels for it, one specifically for round ball shooting, and one shorter barrel for hunting in the thick woods here. I bought a flintlock late, and don't have time left to really get comfortable with it.
    And there has been some excellent info shared on bullet casting and lubes for same. And powder coating bullets instead of messing with those sticky lubes. 
    And I like to poke snake284 about the .270 Win. from time to time. It's a fine cartridge, but I have way too many rifles in .30-06 to mess with it, and it's just an accident waiting to happen with all the .30-06 ammo I have lying around, and the .270 fits just fine in a .30-06 chamber.
    And I still think that a .270 Win. is a .30-06 that was picked before it was ripe! :D 
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,647 Senior Member
    .....are the firearms-related experiences and information interchange. Also is nice to see all those things unavailable or extremely difficult to find down here, both old and new. Also lots of very useful technical data.

All these backed by a nice friendly andeand helpful will to educate and learn, and a cool attitude from the forum members
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,770 Senior Member
    Snake,

In case you missed it, Woodsrunner passed a few months ago.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Snake,

In case you missed it, Woodsrunner passed a few months ago.

Mike

OMG! I didn't know. I wanted to meet him in person but never did. I went to 2 SE shoots and both times I thought he was going to be there. We were brothers of the Masonic Order and talked about that on here. I felt like I knew him anyway. One thing I wanted to try was his grits. One thing I love is grits that you have to cook at least 20 minutes. They have so much good flavor. But all you can find in the grocery store are quick grits. They have NO flavor. Well Woodsrunner's grits were the real deal and I wanted to buy some. But I never hooked up with him. Anyway, He will be missed. Prayers to him and his family.
    tennmike said:
    In the long range department I live vicariously in the threads Zee and Ernie post, ESPECIALLY with those long range pistols. The accuracy they attain is something else. I'm crippled by not having more than a 350 yard range to shoot along the creek bottom here.
    Learned a LOT about stock finishing from several members, and have put that knowledge to use over the years.
    I miss Teach and Woodsrunner when it comes to flintlock muzzleloading rifles. I started out with a T/C caplock Hawken, and ended up with three barrels for it, one specifically for round ball shooting, and one shorter barrel for hunting in the thick woods here. I bought a flintlock late, and don't have time left to really get comfortable with it.
    And there has been some excellent info shared on bullet casting and lubes for same. And powder coating bullets instead of messing with those sticky lubes. 
    And I like to poke snake284 about the .270 Win. from time to time. It's a fine cartridge, but I have way too many rifles in .30-06 to mess with it, and it's just an accident waiting to happen with all the .30-06 ammo I have lying around, and the .270 fits just fine in a .30-06 chamber.
    And I still think that a .270 Win. is a .30-06 that was picked before it was ripe! :D 

With you it was always taken as fun. That's why I would bring it up now and then. And you helped me a lot with my Muzzle Loader. I may argue some but that's my nature, but I have the utmost respect for your advice and opinions. Actually you and I agree a lot more than disagree. I share your love for the 7x57. I'm very happy now that MHS enabled me into building one. I look at it as a smoother calmed down .270. I figure if it was good enough for Karamogo Bell to kill elephants it should take whitetail and hogs nicely. Anyway, I may venture out to other forums nowdays, but this is home and I'll keep coming back as long as y'all will allow me. I've been here over 13 years and it's still my home forum.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,425 Senior Member
    edited May 30 #21
    I am not sure where your heart is right now, but that is out of line.  You just went beyond curmudgeon...
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 430 Member
    edited May 30 #22
    Go overboard on the geritol this morning?
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,763 Senior Member
    Someone forgot to take his "Don't be a dick" pill this morning...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,770 Senior Member
    edited May 30 #24
    Gene L said: 
    Gene,

I've stuck up for you for years when the issue was in doubt. I'm likely the only reason you're still here.

Don't make me regret it.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,629 Senior Member
    OK.  Just trying a bit of off-color humor.  Mike, delete the offending post.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.