Home Main Category Clubhouse

woman navy personnel stops would-be terrorist with her own handgun

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    All that matters is she did her job and is not seriously wounded and that the established procedure worked----he did not get on Base.

If she hit the switch or someone else did---again established procedures worked.
    Who shot the guy is none of our business and should be left alone----some people are bothered by such necessary actions.
  • Doves_IndefinitelyDoves_Indefinitely Posts: 126 Member
    edited May 2020 #3
    NN said:
    All that matters is she did her job and is not seriously wounded and that the established procedure worked----he did not get on Base.

If she hit the switch or someone else did---again established procedures worked.
    Who shot the guy is none of our business and should be left alone----some people are bothered by such necessary actions.
    I'm just glad that this terrorist scum got his clock stopped summarily and for good. It's nice to hear that America beats a terrorist foreigner for a change. It's also proof positive that somebody (somebody GOOD, mind you) needs to be on our bases with ready-to-shoot weapons at all times. I don't care who this woman sailor is by name either. What really counts is that scum was stopped abruptly. I'm not bothered by the action of this woman sailor at all and can sleep sounder at night because of it. I'm not "some people" but "a horse of a different color". 
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    edited May 2020 #4

... stopped by an NSF (Naval Security Forces, Navy's Military Police) sailor at a checkpoint. Alsahli allegedly shot the sailor and tried to drive on to the installation.

However, “she was able to roll over and hit the switch that raised a barrier, preventing the man from getting onto the base,”

I agree, another bg down and the world is a better place. In time, we'll find out the whole story.
    I think the second part of the story is that anyone can post a story online and it's often considered true, whether it's accurate or not.
    (Regarding the meme)
    "USNI News is not identifying the sailor in the photograph and is obscuring her image because she was not involved in the incident at NAS Corpus Christi..."

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

edited May 2020 #5
    Spk said:

... stopped by an NSF (Naval Security Forces, Navy's Military Police) sailor at a checkpoint. Alsahli allegedly shot the sailor and tried to drive on to the installation.

However, “she was able to roll over and hit the switch that raised a barrier, preventing the man from getting onto the base,”

I agree, another bg down and the world is a better place. In time, we'll find out the whole story.
    I think the second part of the story is that anyone can post a story online and it's often considered true, whether it's accurate or not.
    (Regarding the meme)
    "USNI News is not identifying the sailor in the photograph and is obscuring her image because she was not involved in the incident at NAS Corpus Christi..."

I guess most here can believe, including myself, that some navy woman actually stopped some bad guy at that particular installation not long ago and at least that much of the story is true. I can't imagine the whole story was a hoax if any part of it was not 100% accurate. The whole meme thing seems like a bunch of hot air. I first found out about this from a Gun Owners of America email to me this morning and decided to check it out on Google. GOA keeps the light shed bright upon gun-related matters where the mainstream media tries to keep us in the dark. It might get past CNN, New York Times, Washington Post,  or the floor of the House or the Senate, but it never sneaks past the eagle eyes of Erich Pratt. 

Here is what Mr. Pratt said to me in his message and I quote:

"Anti-gunners always jump at the chance to exploit a shooting for their agenda.

But after the recent shooting at the Naval Air Station in Corpus Christi, Texas, they were suspiciously quiet.

Why? Because a good girl with a handgun shot back at the terrorist and stopped what could have become a horrible attack.

If anti-gunners get their way, everyday heroes like that sailor in Corpus Christi will lose their rights -- not terrorists and criminals who seek to commit acts of evil.

With more and more elected officials trying to exploit the current pandemic to limit the Second Amendment, it’s never been more important to FIGHT for our rights.

Gun sales have surged over the past few months because we as Americans cannot trust the government to keep us safe.

The story of that brave sailor in Corpus Christi proves YET AGAIN that the only way to take down a bad guy with a gun is a good guy -- or gal.

But that’s not going to stop billionaires like Michael Bloomberg and George Soros from spending tens of millions of dollars to elect anti-gunners to office who will strip us of our rights.

Unless we fight back in defense of our rights, we will one day be left defenseless when the next attacker strikes."

Spk said:

(Regarding the meme)

I guess most here can believe, including myself, that some navy woman actually stopped some bad guy at that particular installation not long ago and at least that much of the story is true. I can't imagine the whole story was a hoax if any part of it was not 100% accurate. The whole meme thing seems like a bunch of hot air. 
    I'm only pointing out that there are inaccuracies in the account. The link in your OP above tells us that flat out. The story by USNI also addresses a meme that started floating around that attempts to tell an, as of yet, unverified story.
    It's not unbelievable, just unverified. Here's the meme.

Until they release names and several accounts from eye witnesses, we the public won't really know exactly what happened. Like I said before, it's not unbelievable, just unverified.
    Those quotes from my previous post above are from the USNI story you posted.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

edited May 2020 #7
    Spk said:
    Spk said:

(Regarding the meme)

I guess most here can believe, including myself, that some navy woman actually stopped some bad guy at that particular installation not long ago and at least that much of the story is true. I can't imagine the whole story was a hoax if any part of it was not 100% accurate. The whole meme thing seems like a bunch of hot air. 
    I'm only pointing out that there are inaccuracies in the account. The link in your OP above tells us that flat out. The story by USNI also addresses a meme that started floating around that attempts to tell an, as of yet, unverified story.

Until they release names and several accounts from eye witnesses, we the public won't really know exactly what happened. Like I said before, it's not unbelievable, just unverified.

The coroner should have the body of the guy who was "allegedly" shot and killed. I'd just hate to think Gun Owners of America was sending me a message that was just rumor or speculative and passing it off as fact. 

Here is what Fox News says:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/naval-air-station-corpus-christi-shooting-fbi-1-attacker

"Officials have identified the gunman as 20-year-old Adam Salim Alsahli, a Corpus Christi resident who had been a student at a local community college. Security officers shot and killed him after he opened fire while trying to drive a truck through a base entry gate."

"The FBI also repeated that the shooting is being investigated as a "terror-related incident," without elaborating on what that means. Two officials familiar with the investigation previously told The Associated Press that agents were examining social media posts they believe the shooter made expressing support for extremist groups, including Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula."

The guy tried to drive a truck through the gate. Apparently, he did not apply for a base visitor pass or was not able to obtain one, which is a good thing in itself. I would hate to think bad people (spies, terrorists, etc.)  would be unwittingly given a valid base pass. Vehicles aren't normally given searches for guns when entering bases but are subject to search, perhaps random search, on base. I would definitely search the vehicle and person of somebody who sounded foreign or whose facial complexion looked like one of our known enemies. 
    That's what I'm reading 👍
    We'll know eventually what happened in detail -- in a few days... hopefully.
    The FBI gets involved whenever something even smells of terrorism on American soil. I'm just glad good "guys"/gals did there job and put another scumbag where he belongs.

Spk said:
    Spk said:

(Regarding the meme)

What's that on the dog's face? The dog's jaws are open so it can't be a muzzle. 
  • AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 484 Member
    edited May 2020 #10

"woman navy personnel stops would-be terrorist with her own handgun"

That would be the service pistol issued to military personnel, not her own handgun?

You don't seem to get out much,eh?

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,956 Senior Member
    Here is the bottom line.

You have no need to know.

Thats it. No good will come from posting the pic of a female sailor who sent a faithful to Allah.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    Fact is. Sailor in the picture, was no longer in the service when the incident took place.  Service do had nothing to do with the incident.  Several security personnel shot at the terrorist. Nobody but the terrorist has been named.  Just as it should be and should remain.  
    If it was up to me the terrorist would not be named either
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    edited May 2020 #13
    The title of this thread confuses the hell out of me....and borders on the weird...

Would not a "woman navy personnel" be a "sailor"? 
    And is it terribly surprising that a Navy cop would have "her own handgun"?

Not sure if you know, but women in the military have been serving in security and combat roles for quite a long time now, 
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    The title insinuates that an off duty sailor used their personal firearm, which is not even close to the truth
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited May 2020 #15
    Jayhawker said:
    The title of this thread confuses the hell out of me....and borders on the weird...

-------------------------------------------------------------

I believe when I retired they were still called Waves.

Todays Navy calls male and female personnel sailors when not properly addressing them with rank/rate.
    edited May 2020 #16
    AlleyCat said:

"woman navy personnel stops would-be terrorist with her own handgun"

That would be the service pistol issued to military personnel, not her own handgun?

You don't seem to get out much,eh?

COVID-19 has me stuck at home. I'm retired and don't work no more. I was just asking about the cute dog out of polite conversation. It looks like fake teeth are painted on the muzzle so the animal looks more deadly than it really is so as to scare away bad guys.

Whatever it (the "heater", the weapon) was in the hands of the navy security personnel (regardless of whoever owned the pink slip to the aforementioned weapon, American taxpayers, maybe), it evidently went BANG! and the (I can't cuss here) terrorist is dead (on ice). For all I know, she could have been carrying a handgun she purchased herself for duty. The news accounts weren't clear on that. Many policemen carry personally-owned weapons for duty. I don't know about the navy. Whomever bought that particular handgun, it was money well invested.

Yes, the PC is my only friend at the moment. 

PS - My dad said they used to paint the noses of aeroplanes like them muzzles during World War II to scare enemy aircraft away, supposedly. 
    NN said:
    Jayhawker said:

-------------------------------------------------------------

I believe when I retired they were still called Waves.

Todays Navy calls male and female personnel sailors when not properly addressing them with rank/rate.
    WAVES, WACS,WAFs and SPARs (Coast Guard) fell into disuse in 1978...
    BAM's is still in use though

edited May 2020 #19
    That's a G.I. issue, canine approved Covid-19 MkD respirator mask for dogs. It's official. 😉

BAM's is still in use though

Yes; but, often slightly different wording
    especially after use

"Aeroplanes"? How old are you anyway? ....Its called "Nose Art" and is still being used to some extent...
    edited June 2020 #23
    Jayhawker said:
    "Aeroplanes"? How old are you anyway? ....Its called "Nose Art" and is still being used to some extent...
    56, saying that to be cute. Axl Rose sang it in Night Train, Guns N' Roses, 1988. Lighten up, people! Stop being crotchety old hens.  :#
    The word is curmudgeon
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement