Home Main Category Clubhouse

UPS lost my SAFE!

2»

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,107 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    Ok, BUT what happens when UPS says it was delivered to the correct address, and thus it "must have been stolen"?
    When I’ve had issues like this the vendor has ALWAYS worked on my behalf, not UPS.  Trust me on this one.

Glad to hear it, that's why I'm letting the vendor take the lead on this...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,364 Senior Member
    Right. You are not UPS’ customer on this, the company is, and they will fight it out. In the mean time you are our time, money and have no safe. 

So, what SHOULD happen from a CS point is they ship you a new safe, close your order and make you happy. That is pretty much SOP for online and catalog vend
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,871 Senior Member
    The scanners we use have gps and I am sure ups ones do too. UPS knows where that package was scanned delivered and if it showed it was delivered it to you they would be telling you that. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,729 Senior Member
    Even if it was stolen the vendor should have insurance.  They can’t prove that you received the goods so you have recourse with your credit card to deny payment to the vendor.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,938 Senior Member
    Right. You are not UPS’ customer on this, the company is, and they will fight it out. In the mean time you are our time, money and have no safe. 

So, what SHOULD happen from a CS point is they ship you a new safe, close your order and make you happy. That is pretty much SOP for online and catalog vend

I agree with this.  I once ordered a set of aftermarket shocks for my truck from an online supplier.  After waiting for a good while and not getting them, I checked the tracking and it said they had been delivered days before.  I called the supplier and told them I never got them, even though they showed as delivered.  They immediately sent out a new set, no charge.  I got those and the next day found the original order outside my gate.  Never knew where they came from.  My guess is they were delivered to the wrong address and someone brought them over and dropped them off when I wasn't home. Or maybe the delivery driver went to wherever they were delivered incorrectly and picked them up and re-delivered them to me.  I called the supplier and let them know I got the missing order.  They told me to keep both orders... I'm sure it was probably already written off or they were reimbursed from the delivery carrier. 
    Its looking like I get a new one - UPS's own investigations says that they cannot determine that it was delivered or where to. So the Hi-Point will continue to live in my Sturdy safe for a bit longer!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    UPS is paying for it, a replacement will be sent in a couple of weeks (out of stock at the moment).

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,161 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    UPS is paying for it, a replacement will be sent in a couple of weeks (out of stock at the moment).
     :) 
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,729 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Annoying... but good ending after all!

Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Yep. Don't want the granddaughter getting "involved" with the "kitchen gun".

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,161 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Yep. Don't want the granddaughter getting "involved" with the "kitchen gun".
    Sounds like someone's been watching "The Ranch".   :D
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Oh dear. I didn't even mean for that to sound that way, but I guess it does. Guilty as charged!

Long term update: The replacement safe FINALLY arrived about 5 minutes ago. Their production was completely screwed up thanx to Covid. Now if I can remember how to configure/mod the thing like I did my other two...