Home Main Category General Firearms

10/22 Replacement barrel

2»

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,588 Senior Member
    edited May 27 #32
    Diver43 said:
    😖🙃🤔 You all would rather see Zorba in a skirt than me in a loin cloth

No. No I wouldn’t. At least I could pretend you are Tarzan in retirement. 

I don’t know what I’d tell myself if I saw Zorba in drag. Other than......God help us. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,325 Senior Member
    You all are such enablers!  3x9 x40 Nikon BDC 

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,322 Senior Member
    Looks like a right dandy rig!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,681 Senior Member
    Well the 10/22 is complete except for the new scope that has been ordered.

I have been crazy for a range day with it,  but the Corona has that locked up still.

This morning while uhm working from home I took it out hoping to find a place to function check it with live ammo.  Was heading west for the everglades away from civilization.

Thought of the area where the local police range is.  As I approached the area, the blue lights came on from the truck behind me.  The officer asked what I was doing here and I told him.  He said, no you can't, but lets see what you have.  He said follow me and he opened the electric gate and said lets see your gun. He  Loaded it and asked how many? Told him to empty the magazine if you don't mind, so he aimed down range and quickly emptied the 10 round magazine.  Handed me the rifle and said not bad but its hitting low right by a few inches at 75 yards. Fun little rifle.

Me an average white guy, had a very good unplanned experience with a black officer during these trying times.  And I had two guns in the car.  I said thank you very much and came back home knowing that the gun I took down to pieces, replaced the barrel and tweaked the trigger, and extended the charging handle functioned perfectly.  Its a good day even though its raining again.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,588 Senior Member
    Least you know it works. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith