Home Main Category General Firearms

Wait, that's a what?!?!? new custom toy...

2»

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,286 Senior Member
    edited June 5 #32
    Jayhawker said:
    It's confirmed...I hate you...
    I know, you’re on my **** list too... 😘
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,664 Senior Member
    Neat gun
    Kind of reminds me of Johnny Cash's ONE PIECE AT A TIME
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,825 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    sakodude said:
    Very nicely done! Congrats and to Justsomedude, I tip my hat. Awesome work.
    Hugely talented guy!!!  I’m already putting together a list of projects for him!
    Yep, I’m on his docket as well as soon as I can get bits and pieces in the mail.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,403 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    DAMN I wish :popcorn: still worked

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,809 Senior Member
    That’s COOL.. nice work on both of yalls part. 👍
    Diver43 said:
    Neat gun
    Kind of reminds me of Johnny Cash's ONE PIECE AT A TIME
    Yep 😁

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

sakodude said:
    GunNut said:
    sakodude said:
    Very nicely done! Congrats and to Justsomedude, I tip my hat. Awesome work.
    Hugely talented guy!!!  I’m already putting together a list of projects for him!
    Yep, I’m on his docket as well as soon as I can get bits and pieces in the mail.
    That’s great! 👍👍

zorba said:
    knitepoet said:
    DAMN I wish :popcorn: still worked

Gotta save that one somewhere handy.

Jay said:
    That’s COOL.. nice work on both of yalls part. 👍
    Thanks, he did all the cool work, I just shopped on eBay...

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 522 Senior Member
    I like the gun and what you guys did .....shooting wise though....service stocks I hate.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,875 Senior Member
    edited June 6 #42
    E, Justsomedude

http://gph.is/XH7c5f

Well hell, click on the link for my "tipping my hat" gif.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    E, Justsomedude

http://gph.is/XH7c5f

Well hell, click on the link for my "tipping my hat" gif.

I’ll let him take the bow 👍

I like the gun and what you guys did .....shooting wise though....service stocks I hate.
    Believe or not they work for me!  I have a smaller hand so the big stocks are a challenge.

So went to the range today and test fired it with some downloaded .44 mag Cowboy ammo and it worked as advertised.  The stuff is not particularly accurate on any of my guns but it’s loaded nice and mild.  The group was good but I was not trying real hard for just function testing.

Then I loaded a cylinder full of my favorite commercial .44 mag handgun hunting ammo, Remington 180gr JSP.  From just under 15 yards away offhand single action.  The flier was the 5 shot, I ABSOLUTELY choked and called it.  

The other 5 shots, well I’ll let the picture speak for itself.  It’s a snappy gun with the light barrel, but it puts them where I ask her to put them.

I’d been shooting a bunch of other guns already for 2 hours so I called it good and headed home to clean her.   When I get back I’ll be hand loading for this one!!!!!

😁

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,010 Senior Member
    Very nice!  And its a shooter as well.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Trail Boss under cast lead slugs makes a nice 44mag light. Unique makes nice medium to heavy loads as does Power Pistol. 2400 as always, is great for cast lead heavy loads. I'd guess those Rem 180gr factory jhp's would be easy to duplicate. 

It seems like the 44's aren't picky about speed for accuracy.
    Very nice!  And its a shooter as well.

Thanks!  Already one of my favorite guns!!!!

Trail Boss under cast lead slugs makes a nice 44mag light. Unique makes nice medium to heavy loads as does Power Pistol. 2400 as always, is great for cast lead heavy loads. I'd guess those Rem 180gr factory jhp's would be easy to duplicate. 

It seems like the 44's aren't picky about speed for accuracy.
    I’ll be ordering some powders I don’t have next week.  And then I’ll get my reloading setup back online now that I have bench again.  Trail boss is one powder I’ve never played with and I can’t wait to get my hands on it.    

You might be right.  All my .44s are good shooters but this one has the potential of being exceptional!  I can see where the pet project will be ringing steel offhand at 100 yards for fun 😁

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,292 Senior Member
    That looks like it's going to be a fun multi use gun. And a 'You suck!' is in order!  :) Shooting with .44 Special loads should be a LOT of fun!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike said:
    That looks like it's going to be a fun multi use gun. And a 'You suck!' is in order!  :) Shooting with .44 Special loads should be a LOT of fun!
    Yep, I can’t wait to get some target loads going for it.  This will be seeing a lot of range time...