Home Main Category General Firearms

Holosun

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 11,026 Senior Member
I’m in the market for a “budget” red dot for another project.  I’ve been happy with a couple of other budget red dots (Bushnell, Primary Arms), but have been seeing a lot of very happy reports on the Holosun offerings.

Anyone have one or have experience with them?
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,232 Senior Member
    Got one on a Canik pistol. Pretty low round count so I can't speak to reliability but the features (shake awake, auto brightness, etc.) and quality exceed the price I paid. 
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,232 Senior Member
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    I've got a couple of SA hand guns something like those would go good on. What kind of price range we looking at?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 441 Member
    Strange timing. I just milled a customers P226 slide for one of those yesterday and got it mounted. Seemed like a quality optic and didn't need adjusted far when I went to laser sight it.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    edited June 8 #7
    I can't speak from personal experience, but a lot of the better regarded "industry professionals" from places like Primary and Secondary speak highly about them. I've seen Scott Jedlinski, Aaron Cowan (Sage Dynamics guy), and Travis Haley rocking them. A lot of the features, such as solar power and using common footprints (RMR on MRDS and T1/T2 on rifle optics) are appealing.

I'm also pretty convinced that Sig optics are rebranded Holosuns. Compare photos of similar models side-by-side.

If I were in the market, I'd consider one.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski