Home Main Category General Firearms

I just do what I'm told.

JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 430 Member
Customer brought in a Dan Wesson revolver and tells me he wants a 15" bbl and how he wants it to look. He's gotta be pushing mid 80's so I have no idea what the use is. Maybe just a conversation piece. I got a 1:18 blank and started on it yesterday afternoon and got it mostly done today. Still have to blue and port it but he wanted to fire it today. Its actually not heavy at all either which surprised me.

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Nice work.

At least he didn't ask for a custom holster :#
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,770 Senior Member
    That.......

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 304 Member
    Ever see the Wayans movie 'I'm Gonna Get You Sucka"?   :D
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,738 Senior Member
     :D 
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,749 Senior Member
    Maybe he just watched City Heat with Eastwood and Reynolds, and wanted ot make sure that his is the loginest.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,658 Senior Member
    edited June 14 #8
    Well that's different! I like it. Never seen a new barrel go through the existing one. Was it shot out? Did you bore it?
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 522 Senior Member
    Curious about the setup.
    Why the barrel in the other ?
    From a machining perspective, it can be done. OTOH, I'd have flat turned that job down. Waaay too much risk involved here.

Mike
    N454casull
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,403 Senior Member
    Maybe he just saw the first Batman movie...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Sorry, Dude.....just realized what I was looking at. I'd do that job, but like you, I'd be scratching my head...... ;)

Mike
    N454casull
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 430 Member
    The Dan Wesson has a barrel/bore liner that has a locking collar that holds the "outer barrel" solid to the frame. I just removed that inner liner and made the new barrel replace it with a shoulder machined in. Its uglier than all hell but at least done right. I don't ask questions. I just take their money 😆
    The Dan Wesson has a barrel/bore liner that has a locking collar that holds the "outer barrel" solid to the frame. I just removed that inner liner and made the new barrel replace it with a shoulder machined in. Its uglier than all hell but at least done right. I don't ask questions. I just take their money 😆
    Tip of the hat, sir. You done well..

Mike
    N454casull
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,861 Senior Member
    That gun is going to do for him what the pills can't.
    😁
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    Yowza!!  That is good work.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 362 Member
    look at picture #3  you can see the shoulder clearly ;)
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,287 Senior Member
    That’s crazy!!!  Cool but freaking NUTS!!! 🤣
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,287 Senior Member
    Ask your customer if his name was HvyMax, and if he is going to be running this at 1000 yards.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,425 Senior Member
    That is unique for sure.
    I have never seen one quite like that.
    Whose barrel did you use?
    Is he going to stay with iron sights or put a optic on it?
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,422 Senior Member
    Ask your customer if his name was HvyMax, and if he is going to be running this at 1000 yards.

I just sprayed the phone with coffee! 🤣😂
    kinda miss that little troll. 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,809 Senior Member
    That is unique for sure.
    This is what I’m wondering as well. He’ll be missing out on the biggest benefit of the longer barrel if it’s just gonna be used with that short sight radius. It would either need the front sight on the end of the new barrel or an optic to really get something out of it. 
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 430 Member
    That is unique for sure.
    Green Mountain Bbl as usual. He didn't mention a thing about the sights. From what I gathered he's got a field somewhere that he goes and plinks cardboard and soda cans at. Honestly an optic would make it look less stupid than it is now. At least it would look like it had an intended purpose. It's like seeing a rifle without a scope or any iron sights 😅
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,350 Senior Member
    He should have just bought this.

MEET THE NON-BUNTLINE, BUNTLINE

Heritage Manufacturing puts out the most affordable, American made rimfire revolvers in modernity. The bread and butter wheelguns are both the six-shot and nine-shot Rough Riders, both single actions and with multiple grip frames, grip options, sights, finishes, and more. Those revolvers, however, are most often found with the two most common barrel lengths– 4.75-inch and 6.5-inch.

Heritage does not call its 16-inch barreled Rough Rider revolver a Buntline, though, by Wild West standards of a long-barreled wheelgun it fits the bill. There are two versions of the lengthy Rough Rider, one with fixed sights and other adjustable. Our fixed sight model is as plain as they come with a nondescript heavy black finish and fixed front sight with a simple notch at the rear. Had it been available at the time, we would have opted for the adjustable sight version, which has a nice fiber-optic red front along with a green, two-dot rear.

The rest of the build remains the same on both, with an aluminum alloy frame and steel barrel. Per the company’s website, Rough Riders are 100% American made.

Heritage 16-inch Rough Rider

The 16-inch models ship with Cocobolo wood grips. (Photo: Kristin Alberts/Guns.com)

Both long-barreled models ship standard with Cocobolo wood grips, and each is also available as a combo. With a combo, the rimfire bases are covered and you can shoot .22 LRLongShort, shot, and CB through the .22 LR cylinder and, of course, .22 WMR in the magnum cylinder.

Don’t fret if you can’t grab the combo just yet as the company includes a mail-in voucher to purchase the additional cylinder at a reasonable price later. Shooters can order the cylinders via the company’s e-store as well.