Home Main Category General Firearms

Move over 1887???

earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
I saw this gun on youtube.
https://www.blackacestactical.com/lever-action
Cool gun. Not sure if it offers anything more than a classic trombone other than novelty? And maybe overshadowed by the even greater novelty of a reproduction 1887?  The pistol grip is certainly reflective of Hollywood's influence. No different than the Ruger Blackhawk and Colt SAA resurrection maybe?

Could lead to the next question. Are low priced shells gone forever???

Replies

• waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 829 Senior Member
    They sell really well in Australia and places that for no good reason ban pump actions, as to better then a pump, I'm doubtful.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    I'd like to give one a spin just to see how fast it is to shoot and cycle the action. Might be fun!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,152 Senior Member
    waipapa13 said:
    They sell really well in Australia and places that for no good reason ban pump actions, as to better then a pump, I'm doubtful.
    Mechanism typically more complex, hand has to come off the trigger to cycle, movement of the lever is off the axis of recoil and tends to pull the butt out of your shoulder.  They're a novelty for the cowboy-infatuated, or like you say, a legal dodge.  There's a reason why the 1887 was pretty much the start and finish of the lever action scattergun - it's called the 1897.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee