Home Main Category General Firearms

I have GOT to stop drinking on Sundays...

124»

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,565 Senior Member
    Welcome to the dark side, Bro. I've had great luck with factory Federal 130 NBTs on whitetail, and handload 160 Partitions over RL22 at 2850 fps for everything else. You're gonna love this chambering.  ;)

Mike
    Well I already love the gun so as long as the damn thing shoots anything better than patterns, I’m better than halfway there!  It will be tough not making fun of the damn .270 again... :s
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,427 Senior Member
    I still have the barrel from my first .270 (.270 WSM).  I have no clue how many rounds it has seen, but I can tell you exactly how many I put through it before the barrel came off.  that would be a big ZERO.  You still have time.....

To be fair, I picked up my M70 used and was only interested in the fact it was a short action with a magnum bolt face.  I never even gave the .270 a chance since it was NOT going to stay in whatever it was factory chambered for.
    Well the plan is to shoot it and see how it goes.  All jokes aside my last .270 was an amazing rifle but I just never fell in love with the chambering, don’t really know why. No real good reason I can think off.

But in all reality there is nothing wrong with the ol’ .270.  I’d pain me to take the barrel off this gun if it shoots great because it’s the original barrel.  You guys will see why when I post pics of the gun on Friday.   But if it’s a crappy shooter it will be going to Somedude in a Priority box in a huge hurry to become something else to be determined.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,797 Senior Member
    edited June 19 #95
    I am going to sneak in a confession here.  I have a .270 short, Luckily they named it 6.8spc, so people forget what it is.
    Bet yours is more pretty.  Post a picture already
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    I am going to sneak in a confession here.  I have a .270 short, Luckily they named it 6.8spc, so people forget what it is.
    Bet yours is more pretty.  Post a picture already
    Still waiting for the Brown truck to show up... 🤬

Well mother **** UPS just changed the status from Out for Delivery to In Transit which means the driver brought it back to their warehouse and I won’t see it til Monday.  Not a thing I can do.  **** heads... 🤬

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,537 Senior Member
    Man, I *HATE* when that happens! Had it happen earlier this week.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,427 Senior Member
    If I had not purchased the rifle with a specific use in mind I would have purchased at least one box of ammunition to run through it.

I have nothing against the .270 as I have no experience with the caliber at all.
    It’s ****...

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,500 Senior Member
    Downsizing, it makes a guy do strange things.......
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Downsizing, it makes a guy do strange things.......
    Yes it does... 

mitdr774 said:
    If I had not purchased the rifle with a specific use in mind I would have purchased at least one box of ammunition to run through it.

I have nothing against the .270 as I have no experience with the caliber at all.
    There are a few boxes of .270 around here.  Hell there are a few boxes of all sorts of stuff around here.  I just ordered a large commercial rack so I can finally sort out all my ammo.  

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,069 Senior Member
    You're gonna love this chambering.  ;)

Mike
    No........No he isnt...........

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman said:
    You're gonna love this chambering.  ;)

Mike
    No........No he isnt...........

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣