Home Main Category General Firearms

Just "pulled the trigger"...

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 20,875 Senior Member
On a new Ruger EC9s.
$240.98 delivered to my FFL.
Range report to follow
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,403 Senior Member
    edited June 9 #2
    Cool! I have the LC9s - nice little pistol.
    Oh yea, what color did you get? :D
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,784 Senior Member
    Sweet! I luv new guns!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,549 Senior Member
    👍🏻
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,071 Senior Member
    That's what my daughter carries.  Hers is a dark grey, almost blue.  I think they called the color cobalt.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,763 Senior Member
    That's what the wife uses...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,658 Senior Member
    I really like mine. I think you will too.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,123 Senior Member
    Really great price there.  Hope it does well by you.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,286 Senior Member
    Good deal!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,875 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Black
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Thanks, probably going to be a couple of weeks before I get it

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,664 Senior Member
    I have never had a complaint with a Ruger.  Knowing you, will that fit in your pocket?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited June 10 #13
    We'll see Ron. Even if it doesn't, I've been recommending it to friends wanting an affordable SD pistol. So I figure I'd get some first hand experience with one for that price.

knitepoet said:
    zorba said:
    Black

Aw man! I was holding out for DeWalt yellow or hot pink!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,629 Senior Member
    Good for you.  A great price for a SD pistol.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Just got a call from my FFL.
    My EC9s is in and I'll be going to pick it up shortly.
    If I have time, I'll run up to where I hunt and run a few rounds through it before work this afternoon

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 522 Senior Member
    Excellent can't beat the price.
    Go make some noise.
    edited June 22 #18
    Hopefully. Dug a box of Speer "lawman" 124gr TMJ out of my stash to try it with. May take some of my 124gr +P HST to try too.
    Those, or some 115gr Gold Dots will be its carry ammo, if I keep/carry it

edited June 23 #19
    Well, this SUCKS greatly.

Went to pick it up, got to hold and fondle it. Dry fired it a few times (AWESOME TRIGGER) and got delayed on my background check.
    FFL told me that lately, roughly 3/4 of the checks they've done get delayed. 

So, SOMETIME between now and Thursday BATF will approve me, and if they haven't by denied me by Friday, I'm automatically approved and can pick it up then.

Until recently, having my CCP allowed me to skip the background check in this state. HOWEVER, BATF found out that ONE of the 67 sheriff's depts doesn't do a thorough background check before issuing CCPs, so it's no longer valid :rage:

So, I can tell you 1) it looks nice. 2)Slide does lock back on an empty mag and 3) it appears to have a FABULOUS trigger pull. More to come when I get to leave the shop with it

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,288 Senior Member
    I think you are going to like it. I wish they made those when I was looking for a compact 9. I got one for my daughter and for the son when they hit 21
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,286 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Well, this SUCKS greatly.

Went to pick it up, got to hold and fondle it. Dry fired it a few times (AWESOME TRIGGER) and got delayed on my background check.
    FFL told me that lately, roughly 3/4 of the checks they've done get delayed. 

So, SOMETIME between now and Thursday BATF will approve me, and if they haven't by denied me by Friday, I'm automatically approved and can pick it up then.

Until recently, having my CCP allowed me to skip the background check in this state. HOWEVER, BATF found out that ONE of the 67 sheriff's depts doesn't do a thorough background check before issuing CCPs, so it's no longer valid :rage:

So, I can tell you 1) it looks nice. 2)Slide does lock back on an empty mag and 3) it appears to have a FABULOUS trigger pull. More to come when I get to leave the shop with it
    I remember reading about this in your state.  Crazy!!!   Sorry brother.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Bummer!
    Hopefully the delay means more people to scream no to antigun laws.......
    At least the ammo's dug out.
    edited June 23 #23
    Diver43 said:
    I have never had a complaint with a Ruger.  Knowing you, will that fit in your pocket?
    @Diver43 First impression is that it's going to be a little big for pocket carry. 

I had my scrubs on yesterday, so I couldn't try it, but is looks and feels like it is slightly larger than my PM40

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,256 Senior Member
    To me, my LC9S is too big to pocket carry. I use a Remora IWB.
    RugerFan said:
    To me, my LC9S is too big to pocket carry. I use a Remora IWB.
    This.

• BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 266 Member
    Nice little guns.  My daughters shoots softer than my shield.  Takedown sucks, they give you a dummy mag to insert.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that after she handles and shoots it, my wife is going to "claim" this one

knitepoet said:
    I have a sneaking suspicion that after she handles and shoots it, my wife is going to "claim" this one
    And knowing that while Mrs. KP may be on the quiet side, she will silently kick your butt if you say no.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,658 Senior Member
    I found the trigger quite nice also.
    Diver43 said:
    And knowing that while Mrs. KP may be on the quiet side, she will silently kick your butt if you say no.
    Yep, without a doubt

DO NOT forget the photo!!!