Home Main Category General Firearms

Ruger EC9s range report

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 20,846 Senior Member

Picked it up today and went up to the family "farm" to test it out. 50 rounds of Speer "Lawman" 124gr TMJ = ZERO malfunctions.

First round actually surprised me due to the trigger pull being so light. 
Was mainly just testing function, and was using and anthill for a target.

Also mixed in a couple of +P+ Hydra-shoks and +P 124gr HSTs. It functioned and fed them just fine.

No for the couple of "Cons" I found with it:
The safety, It's hard to engage
The slide lock. Being a 1911 guy, I'm used to slapping a mag in and thumbing down the slide lock to load... NOT with this one. I can engage it, but I can't disengage it with my thumb, I could even using my entire left hand.

Video of the first 8 through it will be posted as soon as I get it uploaded to youtube
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,846 Senior Member

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,846 Senior Member

Here it is with my PM40 on top of it. If you look close, you can see the Ruger's slightly longer, front to back and with the finger groove extension on the mag, it's slightly longer there as well. However it's CLOSE

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,640 Senior Member
    Looks good, should serve you well
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,390 Senior Member
    I can release the slide on mine with my thumb, but it isn't the easiest thing to do. I usually don't bother, just slingshot it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,003 Senior Member
    That is looking promising.  
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,654 Senior Member
    I agree with the cons. BUT, the trigger! Agree with Zorba about the slingshoting. I usually do anyway on all my semi's.