Home Main Category General Firearms

The new 6mm ARC....????

2»

Replies

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,426 Senior Member
    mitdr774 said:
    I have a 6.5 Grendel, well actually two, and will probably end up with a 6mm ARC at some point.  I have no desire to own either cartridge in a semi auto platform though.
    upper is not an option for me and i have no plans on rebarreling any of my actions to this cartridge.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,517 Senior Member
    Again, I’m not sold on it. And I’m not thinking of using it for its intended purpose (AR15). But, to cross use it in the diminutive G2 platform with a 14ish inch barrel plus brake..........potential. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,227 Senior Member
    I might try one in an AR. I went past need a long time ago and like playing with new stuff. 
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,801 Senior Member
    edited June 22 #35
    It's a 6mm Grendel with enough changes to not have to deal with a lawsuit, and a new name.  

Just because a new cartridge isn't 700fps faster than some other old cartridge doesn't mean it isn't useful.  A 243 has a SAAMI spec of 1:10 twist.  That's why we have a 6mm Creedmoor to shoot FACTORY guns/ammo with heavy bc bullets.  There are no other FACTORY SAAMI 6mm cartridges that'll fit in an AR mag specifically to shoot heavy high bc bullets.  Hence,  we have the 6mm ARC, and it was launched with several factory loads,  multiple uppers and bolt guns from several companies at its introduction.  If you know anything about the firearms industry,  you'd realize how huge this is. You have multiple competitors launching multiple platforms at the same time as well as some minor government contract support. 

This doesn't happen in the gun world.  Ever.  This, in total package,  is revolutionary
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • Jeeper44magJeeper44mag Posts: 5 New Member
    It's got MY interest.  Near .243 performance out of  an AR platform?  Take my money!
  • lancebanyonlancebanyon Posts: 7 New Member
    Near .243 Winchester performance out of an AR?  Only if it's an AR-10 in .243 Winchester.