Home Main Category General Firearms

Light loads for kids & shortage report.

earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
Local sporting goods thismorning.

Nothing masculine or adult about getting hammered with recoil. Shotgun shells are 12ga 2&3/4. 26oz #8 @ 980fps. And they'll function through a pump no problem.
The bullets and powder can make loads for my 30-06 and 308 that are pleasant for anyone to fire. I already got brass and caps.

Gun counter was busy for a monday. Shelves had some bullets, others not there. Had rifle primers, small pistol primers. No std large pistol primers. Only magnum large pistol. No magnum small pistol primers. Sign posted limits on ammo and component purchases. No limits on shotgun shells with good selection availability. 22's not many there.

At least today. This shortage is not as bad as the previous drought.........

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,850 Senior Member
    Local sporting goods thismorning.

Nothing masculine or adult about getting hammered with recoil. Shotgun shells are 12ga 2&3/4. 26oz #8 @ 980fps. And they'll function through a pump no problem.
    The bullets and powder can make loads for my 30-06 and 308 that are pleasant for anyone to fire. I already got brass and caps.

Gun counter was busy for a monday. Shelves had some bullets, others not there. Had rifle primers, small pistol primers. No std large pistol primers. Only magnum large pistol. No magnum small pistol primers. Sign posted limits on ammo and component purchases. No limits on shotgun shells with good selection availability. 22's not many there.

At least today. This shortage is not as bad as the previous drought.........
    I think that's 26 gram or a smidge over 9/10th of a ounce.
    980 fps, nice. I like it. They would be cool starter loads for anyone learning to operate a shotgun, particularly those afraid of the mighty 12 guage.
    👍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Yep :D ..
    Id need a big gun for 26oz :o..

Canelure's in the same spot as the Rem corlokts I recently formulated a Trail Boss load for. Should be able to use an identical charge for both.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,346 Senior Member
    I have something like 800 of those 150 grain Hornady bullets that I got free with my reloading press.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    They were $22.99 for a hundred. I had factory seconds in my mail order cart for $14.99 per 50...

Id prefer a flat base but, I figure Im lucky I got any.

I loaded some 308win with Trail Boss and Rem corlokts today. 30-06 will be next.

I really like handloading. Its a very relaxing hobby.