Home Main Category Clubhouse

This darn <ACHOO!> dust... <ACHOO!>

zorbazorba Senior MemberPosts: 24,110 Senior Member
edited June 2020 in Clubhouse #1
ACHOO! Wreaking havoc with my respiration! Looks like the worst of it will be gone from here tomorrow, but Texas and Louisiana are gonna get the next load of it...
ACHOOOOOOOOO!
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,320 Senior Member
    Around here it's smoke from the wildfires in the desert Southwest. Pike's Peak is only 14 miles due west of me, and not only couldn't I see it driving to work this morning, but I couldn't see the foothills that surround it. And they are a lot closer.

My wife has asthma. I feel your pain.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,331 Senior Member
    The Saharan dust with a heat index of 105 and up is crazy

weather Liar was just saying on TV that even at 0300 the heat index has been over 90 for several weeks now.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,110 Senior Member
    Tell me about it - going outside is just intolerable. Then the sun comes out...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    edited June 2020 #5
    <snicker, snicker, giggle, giggle> The Sahara dust storm is causing a LOT of rain here in  East TN. Dust isn't a problem but the constant rain is getting annoying. Had around 5 inches of rain since the middle of last week, and it looks like more rain for most of this week. Temperatures are around 10 degrees below normal for daytime highs and nighttime lows.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Hot as balls here, and very little rain. Eyes all puffy...

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,364 Senior Member
    We had the Brown air here on Sunday, but it has cleared up for the most part.  Been getting some more rain than usual
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Our rainy season is supposed to be May through October. Tomorrow is the 1st of July and it is DRY as can be here
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,213 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Hot as balls here, and very little rain. Eyes all puffy...
    Two days ago it was blue cloudy haze Sunday from a fire two counties away. That crisp charcoally smell of forest burning was everywhere... Loads of fun. Couldn't see the nearby foothills much less the mountains behind them.
    Gotta love summer time, hotter than hell and can't see.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

edited June 2020 #10
    My eyes are puffy, I have a slight dry hacky cough, and its still hotter than the brazen hinges of Hell.
    And as Diver notes, no rain despite it being in the forecast every single day. Still, I'll take it over hurricanes!

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,213 Senior Member
    What summer time feels like right now.
    😁
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,734 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    My eyes are puffy, I have a slight dry hacky cough, and its still hotter than the brazen hinges of Hell.

COVID!!!!!!!  Ahhhhhhhhhrrrrrgggggghhhhhh...  run away!!!!!! 😱
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Supposed to be in the mid 90s this weekend here. Good time to stay off the lake; too many jet skis and drunk boaters for me to be out there unless I was piloting an ocean going tugboat!
    ― Douglas Adams
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,497 Senior Member
    Clear, 62 right now, going to hit the high 80's with a little humidity.. could use a little rain for the new grass.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 261 Member
    Winter will be here soon enough. I'll take the heat while it lasts. On the other hand we're in a stage one drought. Last weekend a three thousand acre wildfire destroyed eight or ten homes.
    Been wanting to run a  power lead from the battery to under dash for a yet to be purchased/installed CB radio for the Jeep. Nice, overcast day - UNTIL - the very moment I set foot outside. Glaring sun! *grumble*

But it is only 92F today
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,497 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Been wanting to run a  power lead from the battery to under dash for a yet to be purchased/installed CB radio for the Jeep. Nice, overcast day - UNTIL - the very moment I set foot outside. Glaring sun! *grumble*
    Thats why its better in the north. You can put enough on to keep warm, but you cant take enough off to get cool, even after they arrest you and you traumatize the dog.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Thats why its better in the north. You can put enough on to keep warm, but you cant take enough off to get cool, even after they arrest you and you traumatize the dog.
    That's why us folks that grew up in the South know the proper use, care, and feeding of a shade tree. And hydration via mass quantities of ice cold drinks like sweet tea and beer.
    Flawduh has shade trees, but not in those danged HOA subdivisions. Those HOAs are my vision of Hell on Earth and Flawduh is haired over with them,  and the Brown Shirt Nazis that are always looking for violations to fine you for, like a PU Truck in the driveway.
    ― Douglas Adams
    edited July 2020 #20
    That's why we bought into an older, "blue collar" neighborhood. Busybodies can stay the Hell out!
    As for the North, they have this funny, white stuff that falls out of the sky ever winter, and its COLD! Nope, ain't happening...