Home Main Category General Firearms

2 Glocks / 4 Guns - New Toys

ZeeZee Senior MemberPosts: 23,588 Senior Member
It’s no secret I like Glocks. I’m not a diehard, as I like other guns as well. But, I like Glocks and I shoot them well. Not real sure how many I have. I’d have to count. 
But, I now have two more. 

Seems my employers down at the shoe factory finally pulled their heads out of their butts and chose a decent sidearm. After decades of piss poor decisions......some good options. 

The chambering.......a logistics waffle. Oh well, I can work with it. 

So what I have are two platforms. 
Full Size

Compact

The trick up their sleeve, besides a few small details, is that their slides are interchangeable!  Something similar models can’t do. 

Full size frame w/ compact slide. 

Compact frame w/ full size slide. 

In either configuration, they shoot like a Glock. Accurately and dependable. 
I took them right out of the box and have put about 500 rounds through each between yesterday and today with ZERO malfunctions. They run like a Swiss Watch. No surprise there. 

So, I guess I’m in the 9mm boat now. Don’t mean I’m giving up my .40s........just gotta make room for a bigger family. 
Why ya think I acquired the two Rugers?  😎
"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,321 Senior Member
    Sweet!!!  I’m 95% convinced that a 19 is in my future.  I’ve danced all around it for years.  Time to scratch that itch.  Congrats for finally getting the work gun you’ve always wanted.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    I don't own any but I've shot some. I like them too.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,681 Senior Member
    I agree with you 100%, I just wish that I could shoot them straight.  Don't know why but with different Glocks even under instruction I shoot patterns.  Glad you do well with them.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,425 Senior Member
    Glad it finally happened

Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,588 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    I agree with you 100%, I just wish that I could shoot them straight.  Don't know why but with different Glocks even under instruction I shoot patterns.  Glad you do well with them.
    Maybe we can shoot together one day. 
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,831 Senior Member
    Nice combo, going to have to try a Glock again one day. Shot a few in the past but never warmed up to them.
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 423 Member
    I converted my 40 Glocks to 9s and I shoot them a lot more the 40s weren't comfortable for me to shoot it was the way they hit in my palm I tried different backstraps and it was not fun to shoot after I did the Storm Lake barrels I take them out for a walk a lot more often
    Zee said:
    Diver43 said:
    That would certainly be an enjoyable learning experience, cold beers on me when finished. Still drink Shinerbock?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,160 Senior Member
    Zee said:

So, I guess I’m in the 9mm boat now. Don’t mean I’m giving up my .40s........just gotta make room for a bigger family. 
    My early Gen 3 Glock 22 is on it's second frame and, depending on the part, probably about it's fourth set of guts, and as many sets of sights.  I doubt I'll ever shoot it again after the change to 17's happens, but even so, I doubt I'll sell it.  Kind of like an ugly, disfiguring scar from a painful and memorable wound, it's a part of me by now.   :D

Caliber aside, the Gen 5 upgrades are all good ones.  The old 9mms were pretty much indestructible, and a lot of the internal tweaks to the G5's seem to be inspired by .40-generated wear patterns - these things should be tanks.

Now if Glock would only dig their collective head out of their collective ass and send the European market 48 (light rail version) to the U.S. I'll be a happy camper.

WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,026 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    Zee said:

My early Gen 3 Glock 22 is on it's second frame and, depending on the part, probably about it's fourth set of guts, and as many sets of sights.  I doubt I'll ever shoot it again after the change to 17's happens, but even so, I doubt I'll sell it.  Kind of like an ugly, disfiguring scar from a painful and memorable wound, it's a part of me by now.   :D

Early Gen 1 G22 in .40. Imported the first month of importing the .40s. 

Beat to hell, and still works fine
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Cool new blasters, Zee!  
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Diver43 said:
    Zee said:
    Diver43 said:
    That would certainly be an enjoyable learning experience, cold beers on me when finished. Still drink Shinerbock?
    If it’s dark, it’s beer. 
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,232 Senior Member
    The 47 is cool! Unobtainium for us common folk...
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,232 Senior Member
    The extended mag floorplates look like a nice enhancement. Not sure how often you'd need to use that feature on a Glock though.
    Diver43 said:
    Zee said:
    Diver43 said:
    You can think him for your grip.  He was the one who fixed mine.  You will comet out of the range a better shooter.  Hang on his every word, that boy can't help himself and he is generous with his knowledge.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

GunNut said:
    Diver43 said:
    Zee said:
    Diver43 said:
    You can think him for your grip.  He was the one who fixed mine.  You will comet out of the range a better shooter.  Hang on his every word, that boy can't help himself and he is generous with his knowledge.
    Well Smack, I have been giving you credit for this ever since
    BUT IT CERTAINLY worked for me instantaneously as you saw at the range
    THANKS @Zee
    edited July 2 #18
    One of my buddies thought his sights might be a little off today as at 15/25 yards he said the rounds were going left. He asked if I’d shoot his gun and confirm. So, I took a shot with his G47 (supported) at 25 yards. 

Mic drop!
    ”Not the gun.”  
    Ha!  I know when to walk away. 😁
    JKP said:
    The extended mag floorplates look like a nice enhancement. Not sure how often you'd need to use that feature on a Glock though.
    Better to have and not need..........😎
    Zee said:
    One of my buddies thought his sights might be a little off today as at 15/25 yards he said the rounds were going left. He asked if I’d shoot his gun and confirm. So, I took a shot with his G47 (supported) at 25 yards. 

Mic drop!
    ”Not the gun.”  
     :D 

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    Excellent!!
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member
    Nice! Can’t go wrong with Glock 
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,160 Senior Member
    Zee said:

Mic drop!
    ”Not the gun.”  
    Not just mic drop, but a good time to suggest a review of the basic fundamentals:

WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    The guns I wish Glock had submitted to the MHS program. Look like solid blasters!

You can probably guess what I'm going to ask... Any talk about putting those MOS cuts to use?
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    edited July 5 #25
    The guns I wish Glock had submitted to the MHS program. Look like solid blasters!

You can probably guess what I'm going to ask... Any talk about putting those MOS cuts to use?
    Once an optic is decided on. 
    Zee said:

HIGHLY interested on the results of this when you have some time to wring them out...

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    Zee said:

Are you at liberty to discuss which optics are under consideration?
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • tinytank1tinytank1 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 7 #28
    {Deleted and banned for spam.  bullsi1911}
  • AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 360 Member
    Reported for spam.
    AlleyCat said:
    Reported for spam.
    Not just any spam, but Cheaper than Dirt spam!  Oh, hell, no!
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    I only have one, a brand new Glock 43. I got it strictly for carry. I fell in love with it the first time I pulled the trigger. Heck I actually hit what I was shooting at! Damn good feel for such a small gun. And I love the 9mm. That's strictly for carry, but some time in the near future I want a 19. My son in law carries a Glock 30 because being in law enforcement he likes the .45. I'm not in love with the .45 in a smaller gun and prefer my .45s in the 1911 platform. In my opinion a 19 is the perfect size for the 9mm.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.