Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

National Parks are now racist. I swear, you cannot make this **** up!

2»

Replies

• DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
    You forgot one.

As did you...

See the source image

Better tear this one down as well.

Let's not stop there... These need to go too...

See the source image
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    My apologies. I thought we were posting sensationalism...........
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,779 Senior Member
    Sensationalism?  This is going on in every major city and MINE which is just really a big town.  I’ve never in my life seen race relations where they are today.  This is not some crazy perception, this is real and fueled by the media which by giving extra coverage to criminals and making them look like heroes of some “cause” is making others feel empowered to do the same.

Listen I actually agree with some of the efforts to defund the police.  There is absolutely no need for my town to own APCs and use them to serve warrants.  Police abuses of power are widespread and needs tempering.  I believe good cops actually agree with some of these points.  BUT ongoing rioting/looting and property destruction piled on top of revisionist history and demands for reparations for mistakes over 100 years old?  Give me a **** break.....

Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,150 Senior Member
    I have said from the beginning that the George Floyd case was not a “White hates Black” case, but rather an “Us (Cops)” versus “Them (everyone else)” situation.  Look at the cops face in the video when the crowd is yelling for him to stop- he has a ‘who are you peons to tell me what to do?!?’ Look on his face.  There have been lots of cases of cops (no matter the race on either side) running roughshod over citizens rights, and killing people as a result.  

Seriously, I agree with some of the defund stuff as well.  Cops should not have armored vehicles, MRAPS, Tanks, etc... I think it should be a “Demilatarize” the police instead.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    I've not indicated that the information is false. Its being presented in a way that sensationalizes it.

And for what purpose. 
    To rally the electorate to the ballot box?
    To insure consumer recidivism?
    Or is it something else?

Is there factual assessment of the total number of statues, monuments, and other historical symbols that have been defaced, removed, or destroyed?

Is there calm rational analysis of actual events with subsequent plans of sensible reaction to preserve what's being attacked.

Or just sensational images and headlines aimed at kindling outrage?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    You forgot one.

I've seen the movie. Dumb as a box of rocks. Since the image of the KKK is prominent then it would do one who is curious to look in how and why it was formed in the first place.
    Book list:
    Lincoln Unmasked
    Punished With Poverty
    The South  Was Right
    Southern Reconstruction
    Tyranny Unmasked
    War Crimes Against Southern Civilians

Ku-Klux The Birth of the Klan
    This is the definitive TRUTH of how it started with copious footnotes to back it up with further reading. It was formed as a direct cause of that 'kind and benevolent' military rule named Reconstruction. And Nathan Bedford Forrest DID NOT form it, and that fact is also documented in the Congressional Record on his trial. But TRUTH doesn't mean a damn when you got an axe to grind and massive war crimes  committed by the yankee army to cover up.

A good  start but hardly an all inclusive list. 

I doubt anyone will read any of those as the TRUTH can be quite hurtful. And most of these books were written in the contemporary times they were happening, or shortly thereafter.
    One more gouge, and I'm done. The KKK was quite popular in the north, midwest, and west in the 20's and had a HUGE resurgence in those areas in the 60s with the Civil Rights Act, and when bussing became more than a Southern curiosity. Boston, anyone? Remember that?
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 361 Member
    edited July 9 #41
    sgtrock21 said:
    Most likely because now they're calling for all "people of color" to patronize only black businesses and black business owners. I cant imagine the repercussions if whites said that. I honestly hope someone kicks civil war number deuce off soon since it's coming anyway. Just get it over and done with so the adults can go back to normal living.
    Racism is a two way street,

2Aman said:
    I agree, care to elaborate on your statement? 

How can you agree if you need the statement explained to you?
    Ask first for clarification, then agree or not.

The movie was propagated by the Wilson administration. I'm not exactly sure why as the relevancy to current events at that time seems nonexistent. He was a strange man. A Democrat BTW..

It seemed a good example of racial hyperbolic sensationalism.
    edited July 9 #43
    2Aman said:

What have the lovely dog, the fish and the little bird got to do with the strange voyage through you phone?

"Art is the window to man's soul. Without it, he would never be able to see beyond his immediate world; nor could the world see the man within."

Substitute phone for art.

Google and Churchill?
    Fake news.

edited July 9 #44
    And.

Go and read it.
    I think she may have more than earned the right to be listened to, whether you agree or not.

My ever young wife's input, she is just a woman.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    AlleyCat said:
    And.

Go and read it.
    I think she may have more than earned the right to be listened to, whether you agree or not.

She served honorably. Gave more than most.  She is still a lousy politician/senator
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Diver43 said:
    AlleyCat said:
    And.

Go and read it.

She served honorably. Gave more than most.  She is still a lousy politician/senator

I did say " whether you agree or not."
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,779 Senior Member
    AlleyCat said:
    And.

Go and read it.

Every idiot in the world has the right to be listened to.  Actually you should listen to idiots really closely because, unfortunately nowadays, will give you the view of the majority.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

GunNut said:
    AlleyCat said:
    And.

Go and read it.

Every idiot in the world has the right to be listened to. 

Really?
    Every idiot?
    Well I am here doing the best I can, you will have to excuse me if I miss anybody out.
    :|