Home Main Category General Firearms

A bespoke double rifle from the days of Queen Victoria

1235»

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,669 Senior Member
    Heck I was gonna splurge for the good stuff
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Ah well..............

Maybe a prestine 99 in 303sav will replace it........

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,430 Senior Member
    Sierra Nevada ?

Don't make me do it Ron!!!!
    Some " Hazy Little Thing", nice and cold.......
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,636 Senior Member
    I feel like I've been to a hyped-up strip show where the stripper comes out and refuses to remove her clothes. 
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 526 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    I feel like I've been to a hyped-up strip show where the stripper comes out and refuses to remove her clothes. 
    Yeah it sucks.
    Sucked to get these in the mail too....they'll make someone else happy though.

Even with clothes on she looked good. You were too far back I did get too caress her.

I would have really like to shoot that :'(
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited July 10 #128
    Diver43 said:
    I would have really like to shoot that :'(
    Me too at least the first couple times. Took the brass out because..... well I just had to see it was like.
    Got rid of it fast to remove temptation it's already back in the mail system.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,295 Senior Member
    Ok I’m a little lost here.  Did you sell the gun already?
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

edited July 11 #130
    GunNut said:
    No but it will be sold off and not shot by me.

The gun  became to valuable for a poor boy like me to be playing with.

A double rifle by a great was an awesome find.

It being tied into a Duke that was a direct decendent of one of the immortal 7 not so much.

I've been so lucky/ blessed by what I have picked up over the years including that double shotgun.

This goes back in the family account.
    Next time maybe the wife will send me out to buy more guns....lol
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,153 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    No but it will be sold off and not shot by me.

The gun  became to valuable for a poor boy like me to be playing with.

A double rifle by a great was an awesome find.

It being tied into a Duke that was a direct decendent of one of the immortal 7 not so much.
    Ummmm, yeah.  Those are the guys us peasants would unsportingly blow off their horses with an English longbow, and then continue the fight with their  bespoke lances, swords, and armor.  You didn't even have to send a clothyard shaft or peel the guy's scalp off his head. :D

Pretty much any double would have been commissioned by a rich dork.  Rich dork with breeder's papers?  I'm jacking his toys. ;)
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 435 Member
    You took the old saying: "If it's too good to use, its too good to own," to heart. I was looking forward to the range report.
    You took the old saying: "If it's too good to use, its too good to own," to heart. I was looking forward to the range report.
    That's close but not quite.
    I have things that are nice, very nice IMHO but they do and will get used and as intended.
    This shotgun to me is very nice but it's shooting skeet and will be hunted with by my son this fall.
    I'd like to have it be an heirloom gun for him.

This double rifle I don't need to shoot. I dont think that much of myself and my family can benefit from my hobby. 

It's economics for me.
    I can't afford to risk damage.
    That's close but not quite.
    I have things that are nice, very nice IMHO but they do and will get used and as intended.
    This shotgun to me is very nice but it's shooting skeet and will be hunted with by my son this fall.
    I'd like to have it be an heirloom gun for him.

This double rifle I don't need to shoot. I dont think that much of myself and my family can benefit from my hobby. 

It's economics for me.
    I can't afford to risk damage.
    That's a good looking stock on your shotgun.  I am sure your son will be proud to call it his when you pass it down to him.

The double?  I understand, but have to add;  you are stronger willed than I.  I would have had to load 2, shoot them, clean the rifle and either put it away or find a buyer.  Don't think I could not shoot it, even if just once.
    The guy I gifted the brass to lives in NY.  I have an open invite to shoot one......and will.

Won't even have to clean it.
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 567 Senior Member
    Just seen where you may have sold the double. If something falls through let me know I would be interested.