Home Main Category General Firearms

What was your most recent firearm purchase or acquisition?

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    edited June 5 #182
    GunNut said:
    Doing inventory I realized I find myself without a sporter weigh .308.  Not sure how that happened...

I’ll be starting to keep an eye out for a Remington Model 7.  Always wanted one and I have a metric ton of .308 hunting ammo so I need something to shoot it out of...

Ever since Remington standardized the 7-08 I've wanted a Model 7 in it. I thought .308 at first but it's a very light platform for that but then I don't know what the difference in recoil would be. To me that's the perfect white tail-hog rifle. I'd put a light weight scope on it and go hunting.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    GunNut said:
    Doing inventory I realized I find myself without a sporter weigh .308.  Not sure how that happened...

I’ll be starting to keep an eye out for a Remington Model 7.  Always wanted one and I have a metric ton of .308 hunting ammo so I need something to shoot it out of...

Ever since Remington standardized the 7-08 I've wanted a Model 7 in it. To me that's the perfect white tail-hog rifle. I'd put a light weight scope on it and go hunting.
    Then again, a model 7 in .250 Savage would make great since.

Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 439 Member
    GunNut said:

Sounds like you need a custom build. I know a guy that has a plethora of actions laying around 😆
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,301 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

Sounds like you need a custom build. I know a guy that has a plethora of actions laying around 😆
    Oh we are sooooooooo talking about this!!!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,350 Senior Member
    edited June 7 #186
    I wanted a home defense and just bought a Mossberg 500 With a 20” length barrell on GB.  Hope it doesn’t suck.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,672 Senior Member
    I wanted a home defense and just bought a Mossberg 500 With a 20” length barrell on GB.  Hope it doesn’t suck.
    Don't worry, it won't 
    12 or 20?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Don't worry, it won't 
    12 or 20?
    12 guage.
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 304 Member
    Firearm Related purchase - I had ordered this before the World closed.  Took quite awhile to get here from Ukraine,   When it finally got here, it was painted black although I had ordered it in the natural wood finish.  Milled from Baltic Birch plywood, so the natural finish would have looked better but does not affect function so I'm good with it.

Without rushing at all, starting with an empty magazine and closed box of ammo it takes less than 40 seconds to finish with a loaded magazine. 

The time consuming part is orienting the rounds and picking out the paper that the Russians like to use when they pack the boxes, which would be the same no matter what method is used to load the mag. 

Used a magula-type loader for 7.62 x 39 in the past, and while it saves your thumb its pretty slow and I have to sometimes spend a little extra time getting a round fully seated back into the mag before adding the next round.  This loader has no such issues, and if the rounds start to hang up at all I just back off the loading sled and bump it back home.

Now I can load my magazines almost as fast as I can empty them.  Will have to teach SWMBO how to do it so she can keep up with me as I fend off the Zombie Hoards.   :D

If they make one that will load Glock 33 round magazines, I'm going to get two!

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 266 Member
    I haven't bought a gun in probably 8 or 9 months.  Gun fund is flush with cash but have not decided what to buy.  back and forth between a Wilson combat and a couple brands of really expensive PCCs.  PCCs would get shot more, Wilson would sit  for long periods like most of my guns. 
  • tinytank1tinytank1 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 7 #191
    {deleted and banned.  bullsi1911}
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,881 Senior Member
    Well, I've gotten to handle it, but haven't actually taken possession of my latest. It's still in BATF hell awaiting my background check. This is the first time I've ever been delayed :rage:

So, for now, here's a generic photo

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• AxeAxe Member Posts: 421 Member
    A SIG P2022. Now, I am waiting for the quarentine to end, so the paperwork can continue (it will take about another 3 weeks at least) and  finally, I will be able to pick it up and take it to the range
    Great pistol, I have one in .40 and love it!
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 421 Member
    I bought a mossberg Maverick 88 security tactical shotgun for $200. Planing my next one, just not sure what I want yet.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    Most recently purchased a Springfield XDm in 9mm, for which I posted a range report. 

Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

[Mossberg Stock Photo] 

With home defense shotguns nearly impossible to find, I picked up a used Mossberg 500 for a decent price on GB.  20 in barrel and fiber optic front sight should work just fine on any bad guys who get past my Havanese watch dog LOL.
    bobbyrlf3 said:
    Most recently purchased a Springfield XDm in 9mm, for which I posted a range report. 

Bobby how is the trigger on your XD?  I shot KansasHunters at the SE Shoot a couple years ago and liked ir.  Compact size
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,785 Senior Member
    A friend of mine offered this to me and have wanted a 44 for a while and just have not found a 29 I could afford. This will do and it wouldn't bother me to carry it around.
    Diver43 said:

Bobby how is the trigger on your XD?  I shot KansasHunters at the SE Shoot a couple years ago and liked ir.  Compact size
    I'm a fan of XD triggers; they make it easy for me to focus on precision when shooting because I know when it's going to break.  This one is my 5th 
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    edited July 3 #200
    A friend of mine offered this to me and have wanted a 44 for a while and just have not found a 29 I could afford. This will do and it wouldn't bother me to carry it around.
    I have one as well.  I need to post a pic with the new Altamont grips I put on.  I'm still on the fence about the porting.
    bobbyrlf3 said:
    Diver43 said:

I'm a fan of XD triggers; they make it easy for me to focus on precision when shooting because I know when it's going to break.  This one is my 5th 
    WOW. those 5 words certainly say a lot, Thank You.
    Until the Pandemic hit I had been looking at the XD subcompac, Hellcat, and the SigP365.  Not sure about elsewhere, but gunshop shelves are empty and prices went through the roof.  For now I will let my rat money grow and just get whatever I want when things settle down.
  • AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 360 Member
    tinytank1 
    You are a spammer and reported.

• AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 360 Member
    tinytank is a spammer and reported.

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,288 Senior Member
    Well, I took a dive in and drank the kool aid. I think I am at the point where I can make use of one and the paralex set at 200 yards. I have been shooting pretty well yet coming up with some 8's during my 600 yard string that I cant claim as me. Now last match where I put 2moa of wind on the wrong way, then doubled down on the correction, the wrong way.. what can I say, I'm just not a quitter... is entirely my fault. But the match before that and the second string of that one there were to many 8's that I cant say were mine. So... using the refunded money from the comps that were cancelled, and adding mo money, and finding a demo model so it wasnt quite as bad as listed, I went Cadillac. https://www.sportoptics.com/nightforce-rifle-scopes-c580.aspx Gun fund and goodie fund is toast.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    edited July 16 #205
    I've got a Sons of Liberty Gunworks M4-76 11.5" upper en route, as well as a Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS. 

My only debate right now is whether to use my old Type 1 RMR or try out a Holosun 509T on the Glock. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    After you mentioned Holosun a while back I did some looking.  They seem solid 
     For fathers day I received a new hidden safe for the house.  It easily holds 3 ARs, 1 shotgun and a couple handguns.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,301 Senior Member
    A 6.8mm-06 bolt action rifle...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 526 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    A 6.8mm-06 bolt action rifle...
    Sounds interesting buddy 

I'm always buying selling trading 
      "Junk"....
    Today I picked up a few sets of grips....one for a gun that was exiting.
    Another well to flip.
    Also added to the S.G.S. collection ....don't know why

Been wanting an 1861 Springfield for a while

Pedersoli.  Shoots really nice.
    Got to work on my paper cartridge rolling skills.  Bought a kit from The Jefferson Armory to roll 1861-pattern cartridges, and made some templates at work to cut paper for making 1855-pattern cartridges, which I really liked using better than the 1861 pattern.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,881 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Well, I've gotten to handle it, but haven't actually taken possession of my latest. It's still in BATF hell awaiting my background check. This is the first time I've ever been delayed :rage:

So, for now, here's a generic photo

Well after letting the wife shoot the first one, I now have a second one. Not often I buy "twins" AAMOF, I believe this is my first time ever to buy a set of identical twins
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

edited September 26 #211
    Well, in the 10 months and 27 days since I quit drinking, I have been padding my Fun Money stash.  Pretty sobering (pun intended) to find out how much money a gallon of Vodka a week (even cheap vodka) can add up to over time.

Need a new vice, so I figured I'd go all-in and take up smoking

;) 

Uberti 1851 and 1861 Navy replicas.  Need to refinish the grips with a darker stain, although I may opt for faux Ivory on the '51. 

Tombstone Grips in Oregon has caught my eye.  Prices seem reasonable and he wants a physical hard paper / index card cut-out matching the frame mailed to him first so he can match the frame more precisely.