Home Main Category General Firearms

Mouse-Gun Monday!

2»

Replies

• North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 354 Member

Surprisingly well made and reliable.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,771 Senior Member
    Insert picture here.....

Browning A Bolt II in .270 win. I have killed a few pdogs with it.

Mike

"Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 430 Member
    I should be ashamed but my son loves shooting them. He's 9.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,010 Senior Member

Jennings J-22.  This one sits in the safe, waiting for a gun “buyback”.  I refuse to sell it because someone might actually try to defend themselves with it.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,287 Senior Member
    I should be ashamed but my son loves shooting them. He's 9.
    Why would you be ashamed?  They go bang and put a smile on someone’s face.  It’s all good!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Jennings J-22.  This one sits in the safe, waiting for a gun “buyback”.  I refuse to sell it because someone might actually try to defend themselves with it.
    I ended up with one of those as part of an estate buy.  I took it to the range and the damn thing was 100 reliable.  I gave it to my MIL who basically just wants a nightstand gun and has no intention of ever getting trained.  It makes her sleep better 👍

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,010 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

I ended up with one of those as part of an estate buy.  I took it to the range and the damn thing was 100 reliable.  I gave it to my MIL who basically just wants a nightstand gun and has no intention of ever getting trained.  It makes her sleep better 👍
    Mine was quite reliable until the day it ‘slam-fired’ when I loaded it.  That was the last time it had any live ammo it it,  Not worth looking to fix it, not right to sell it.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 210 Member
    More mouse! Picked it up in 2008.
    GunNut said:

Mine was quite reliable until the day it ‘slam-fired’ when I loaded it.  That was the last time it had any live ammo it it,  Not worth looking to fix it, not right to sell it.
    Oh I understand.  I hear that same story all the time.  They will work until they do not, usually spectacular fails...  Like I said, she'll never fire it and in a few years when she moves in with my BIL I'll get it back and I'll probably toss it into the intracoastal when I go over the bridge.

• JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 430 Member
    GunNut said:

Same here. I bought one a loooong time ago just because it was so cheap. The damned thing never jammed up no matter what I fed it. It would even cycle cci snake shot, which was actually pretty fun to mess with.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,430 Senior Member
    Rafterman said:
    More mouse! Picked it up in 2008.
    How is that to shoot? Tough on the trigger finger? Can you shoot a group and conversation distances?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    The truth? I've never shot this pistol. Back around 2008 they were very hard to find and I guess I bought it for the novelty. Been living in the back of the safe ever since. Maybe one of these days I'll fix that.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,664 Senior Member
    A  G&A writer Jan Libourel wrote about the Seacamp years ago and I wanted one badly. The cost was way too rich for a young Soldier and I forgot about it.  Now I wonder if I can find one......
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    A  G&A writer Jan Libourel wrote about the Seacamp years ago and I wanted one badly. The cost was way too rich for a young Soldier and I forgot about it.  Now I wonder if I can find one......

I don't know about now but in 2016 at the gun store / indoor range where I shoot they had one each .32 & .380. First I'd seen in a gun store since I bought mine although I wasn't actively looking in the meantime. The .32 was $565 and the .380 was $845. When I got home I looked on Gunchoker there were three .32s for $499 and two .380s for $759. Four and one half years have passed since then so Lord knows what the availability and prices are like.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,430 Senior Member
    Rafterman said:
    The truth? I've never shot this pistol. Back around 2008 they were very hard to find and I guess I bought it for the novelty. Been living in the back of the safe ever since. Maybe one of these days I'll fix that.
    Range Report!
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Everyone must be out of mice. So, here’s three. North American Arms. Sidewinder, Ranger ll in 22lr / WMR conversation  and at the top .17 HMR.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,550 Senior Member
    No more Mice in my house. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith