Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Remember the McCloskeys who defended their home in St. Louis? Home raided guns seized

2»

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,803 Senior Member
    Just saw him interviewed on TV and he admitted he’s no criminal attorney.  So he now has one working for him.  Would have paid off to consult one ahead of time.  As Mike pointed out this is something I HIGHLY recommend as a cheap investment towards your safety/freedom, specially if you are in a non-gun friendly area.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Would have paid off to consult one ahead of time.  As Mike pointed out this is something I HIGHLY recommend as a cheap investment towards your safety/freedom, specially if you are in a non-gun friendly area.
    So tell me EXACTLY what kind of lawyer I need to go talk to? This is sounding increasingly like a good idea...

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,803 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    GunNut said:
    Would have paid off to consult one ahead of time.  As Mike pointed out this is something I HIGHLY recommend as a cheap investment towards your safety/freedom, specially if you are in a non-gun friendly area.
    So tell me EXACTLY what kind of lawyer I need to go talk to? This is sounding increasingly like a good idea...

You need a criminal attorney.  Specially if he has a prosecutorial background as many do.  Make sure you explain to the person taking your call that you want a one hour consultation to discuss your state’s “use of deadly force” statutes.  Read them before you go and come armed with a list of questions specially what ifs.  Trust me he’ll love you and you get to “interview” him and leave with his card in your pocket.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,921 Senior Member
    GunNut and TennMike are right.
    I thought I knew Florida law pretty well when it came to CCW and self defense. Florida laws are good until race and politics get involved 
    I am lucky to work where we have a huge legal office full of attorneys where I work. one is a defense attorney that is a LTC in the Reserves. We have had lunch discussing this several times.  Very enlightening 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,696 Senior Member
     Might be 'cause I live abroad but can't believe that  nowadays there are a gazillion security cameras and smartphones everywhere and have yet to see a single pic or video of the crowd busting the gated community's main gate or the results of those actions.

My 5 years old twins might have handled those weapons in a more secure, responsible fashion BTW.

I live in a gated community that like in most 3rld. world countries hasn't the best soroundings at all. If a mob was going to break in, the roof will be the most secure place to potentially engage any aggressive trespassers in my opinion and situation.