Home Main Category Clubhouse

Anyone use a blue tooth meat thermometer?

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,054 Senior Member
Curious if anyone is using a wireless (BT) digital meat thermometer?  If so, do they work as advertised and do you like them.  More interested in using on my briskets I smoke!
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 564 Senior Member
    I have the Meater it works pretty well. I don’t use it as often since we went to smoking for about 4hrs then finishing in the Sous Vide. 
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member
    I don’t have a Bluetooth one. I do use one that has a wireless remote that displays the temperature and has an alarm that can be set for whatever temperature. It works good, but the wireless remote can’t get more than 20 yards or so away.  But when the smoker is right outside the house, I can bring the remote inside and it works. Keeps me from having to go in and out all day. 

The next one I get will be able to read meat temperature and the temperature of the smoker at the same time. 
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,247 Senior Member
    edited July 19 #4
    Yes. I've found it to be very helpful. Mine is branded Tenergy / Solis and it has six probes, alarms, etc. 
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    Seems like a HORRIBLE idea!

Having a whizzbang remote probe that notifies you when your meat is properly smoked or grilled nullifies your excuse for needing to pass hours in a lawn chair next to the cooking apparatus with a beer.

This just frees you up to do grunt work for the wife.

Think it through boys.  Think it through. ;)
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,916 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    Seems like a HORRIBLE idea!

Having a whizzbang remote probe that notifies you when your meat is properly smoked or grilled nullifies your excuse for needing to pass hours in a lawn chair next to the cooking apparatus with a beer.

This just frees you up to do grunt work for the wife.

Think it through boys.  Think it through. ;)
    Who says she needs to know it is more than a new whiz bang thermometer?  Still have to be close by to watch it.  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,054 Senior Member
    Thanks everyone, we ended up ordering a Meater and simple digital probe for quick checks.  I mainly need it for briskets, the flat end is what I always worry about the the digital probe will help me with that!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21